My Acer Nitro 7 will not turn on or charge

Dscott1838
Dscott1838 Member Posts: 4 New User
I just received my laptop yesterday and it was working fine. I shut it down this afternoon and now it will not come on or charge at all. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    @Dscott1838
    Power drain: First turn off the laptop and unplug the charger, Look at the back of your laptop and you can see a small pin hole. Put a paper clip inside the pinhole, press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds.Make sure when you press and hold the paper clip you will feel like pressing on to a button inside the pin hole.Than try to power on the laptop and check.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Dscott1838
    Try the following and see if it will turn on...
    1. Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue.
    3. If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 5 seconds.
      Note: Not all models have a battery pinhole reset.
    4. If the instuctions above did not resolve your issue, please contact Acer support.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
  • Dscott1838
    I tried that and it did not work. Acer wants to repair it but I just got it for college and need it now.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    @Dscott1838
    Did you try different charger and check ?

• Dscott1838
    I do not have another one with me.
    I do not have another charger on me. Does anyone know of an inexpensive one I could purchase that would allow me to check? Acer says it will take ten or more days for me to get this back and I just received it yesterday! I bought this for college classes and am highly angry right now. Is this a common issue?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    I do not have another one with me.
    I do not have another charger on me. Does anyone know of an inexpensive one I could purchase that would allow me to check? Acer says it will take ten or more days for me to get this back and I just received it yesterday! I bought this for college classes and am highly angry right now. Is this a common issue?

I have this Targus charger from Amazon with Prime delivery and it works great. It sounds like a bad charger to me. When you get a the new charger don't turn on the laptop right away, let it charge for 4 hours. Modern laptops ALWAYS run on battery and the charger keeps a full battery at 100%, your battery is at zero. Hope this helps and if I have answered your question please click YES
    https://www.amazon.com/Targus-Ultra-Slim-Universal-Charger-Compatible/dp/B010MHZGOU/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=targus+laptop+multi+charger&qid=1569734606&sr=8-1

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Mariuzzo
    Mariuzzo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have you found a solution yet? It just happened to mine today. Turned it on and after 5 minutes it shut down it self. Now wont charge neither turn on. I bought in January AN715-51
  • Girija
    Girija Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, 
    My Acer Nitro 7 got switched off while using and now not powering on. The power indicator does not showing. I don't have a power reset button at the back of the laptop
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Girija,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.