PE320QK does not restore brightness, color space and other settings for user mode when switching

IanKen
IanKen Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2020 in Monitors
I have calibrated the display user mode and color temp "user" to my liking in terms of brightness and color accuracy using CalMan.

However, if I want to switch modes (say to the faux HDR mode) the user modes settings are lost when I switch back.

Brightness is set to whatever the last used mode was (for HDR it's 100)
Color Temp is set to "standard" even though I have have "user" set (and "saved") for the "user" preset.

It'd be great if we could get a firmware update to address this. I expect the "user" setting to retain and recall all settings when it is selected, not carry over settings from the last visited mode.

For bonus points: make the "HDR" mode calibrateable. Locking down the white point is super lame for a "professional" monitor. 

Answers

• Inz
    Inz Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2020
    IanKen said:
    I have calibrated the display user mode and color temp "user" to my liking in terms of brightness and color accuracy using CalMan.

However, if I want to switch modes (say to the faux HDR mode) the user modes settings are lost when I switch back.

Brightness is set to whatever the last used mode was (for HDR it's 100)
    Color Temp is set to "standard" even though I have have "user" set (and "saved") for the "user" preset.

It'd be great if we could get a firmware update to address this. I expect the "user" setting to retain and recall all settings when it is selected, not carry over settings from the last visited mode.

For bonus points: make the "HDR" mode calibrateable. Locking down the white point is super lame for a "professional" monitor. 

Did you ever find out the problem? I just bought this monitor and it's doing the same thing. The tech support guy I talked to was a complete ***** and couldn't help me.
  • IanKen
    IanKen Member Posts: 2 New User
    The issue has never been addressed, AFAIK. So I leave it in the one mode and don't change it. 
  • jorenm
    jorenm Member Posts: 1 New User
    I guess there's still no fix for this issue? I find it annoying as well when switching between modes! So what's even the point of the 'Save Settings to..." section in the menu?
    And does your monitor itself also regularly increase and decrease the brightness in HDR-mode (so brightness = 100) while you're not changing any settings? It's pretty inconvenient that the brightness suddenly drops when watching content in HDR.

Also, would you be willing to share your calibrated settings? I don't have a CalMan but based on reviews of TFT Central and Tom's Hardware, it seems like these monitors are pretty accurate in Standard mode. The calibrated settings are different in these two reviews (I guess due to panel variance), but they both stay very close to the factory settings.

Thanks!