jumping cursor Aspire v3-572p

Sheffield
Sheffield Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited September 2019 in Aspire Laptops
I have had my Aspire v3-572p for years, SN **************  Just this week I noticed that the cursor jumps to the upper right corner of the screen. I have a few icons there and the cursor will select one and open it. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or a software problem. I have Windows 10 installed. Any ideas you have will help greatly. Thanks

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Sheffield

The issue might be because of the sensitivity of the touchpad.

Decrease the touchpad sensitivity.

Please follow the steps:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12386/kw/jumping%20cursor 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • This may also occur because of the driver. It would be interesting for you to update the touchpad driver.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sheffield

Tinkerer

The computer tells me all the drivers are the latest so I cannot update them. I did adjust the touchpad sensitivity lower and I will let you know if this works. Thanks for you quick response.
  • Sheffield

Tinkerer

I can tell you now that none of your suggestions helped to solve the problem. It is probably a software problem and so I will have to talk to Microsoft. But thanks for your help.
  • Can you enter the idhardware of the touchpad device?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sheffield

Tinkerer

HID\VEN_ELAN&DEV_0501&col02
    HID\VID_04F3&UP:000D_U:0005
    Is this what you mean?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,180 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019
    When you uninstall and remove the driver, does the problem remain with the default microsoft driver? Only example:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sheffield

Tinkerer

How can I troubleshoot the computer to find and fix a problem?
  • Sheffield

Tinkerer

Could this be a problem with a BIOS setting?
    Could this be a virus?
  • I still think this may be some problem with the touchpad driver.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sheffield

Tinkerer

I have BIOS version 1.09
  • Have you tried uninstalling and deleting the driver?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sheffield

Tinkerer

I have uninstalled and deleted the touchpad driver
    I have uninstalled and deleted the touch screen driver
    I have uninstalled and deleted the mouse driver
    All to no avail. The problem is still there.
    Of course, when I reboot the computer the drivers are all reinstalled. I guess Microsoft does this automatically. They are all the latest drivers so I cannot update any of them.
    I'm thinking it may be a virus that I picked up somewhere. But then, I have Norton 360 installed.
  • Does bios have a function called touchpad?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sheffield

Tinkerer

I don't know what settings are in the BIOS. I haven't looked.
    How do you get into the BIOS?
    Are you assuming the problem is with the touch pad?
  • OK! To enter the bios, restart the notebook and press f2 before the Acer logo appears. Then check for a function called touchpad and switch to basic or advanced.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sheffield

Tinkerer

I checked the BIOS as you suggested. Thanks for the advise. I did not see any settings or functions for the touchpad.
  • Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sheffield

Tinkerer

No I have not. That sounds pretty radical! I'm going to back everything up and try it. 
  • Ok! Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer