Disk Cannot Be Open, Needs to Reformat + Data Recovery

diordesu
diordesu Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello my old desktop has been having disk checking every start up and I always cancelled it. But not this time. I forgot to cancel and it ran. It took to long to finish so I reset it. When I opened my hard disk on Volume E it cannot be open and it says it needs to reformat which I cancelled. Is it possible to recover anf then fix it while recovering the data of my hard drive? The files there are assets and it is my only back up. Thank you for answering. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning diordesu !

If the partition has lost the read file system, then I suggest 2 options:
    The first would be to remove the HDD and connect to a device with another OS (preferably Linux) and try to access the files.
    The second would be to access the Windows disk manager and recreate the partition.
    Then use some data recovery software to try what you can.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Would a live linux distribution via usb help you access this partition?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Cheayol
    Cheayol Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hello, Maybe you can try Bitwar Data Recovery to recover the data before reformatting it. I have used Bitwar to recover lost files from formatted SD card. Hope it will also help you.
    #s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }