ACER ASPIRE 5 A514-52 10TH GEN I3 LAPTOP PROBLEM

limkarhau
limkarhau Member Posts: 6 New User
I GOT A NEW ACER ASPIRE 5 A514-52 LAPTOP WITH NEW 10TH GEN I3 PROCESSOR. BUT AFTER I CLEAN INSTALL WINDOWS, MY TOUCHPAD NO FUNCTION AT ALL. I TRY TO USE WINDOWS UPDATE TO UPDATE ALL DRIVER, AND ALSO TRY TO INSTALL MANUALLY FROM ACER OFFICIAL WEBSITE, BUT STILL SAME PROBLEM, ANYONE CAN HELP ME

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab and check whether the touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is switch to Advanced and see whether it helps.

• limkarhau
    THIS  MODEL LAPTOP DONT HAVE THAT OPTION
  • Could you please post the snip of Device manager( Human interface devices and Mice and other pointing devices expanded).

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    yeah post the screen shot of device manager as brummyfan2 said , also
    press Fn + F7 key , what happens ?
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • limkarhau
    THIS brummyfan2, THANK FOR REPLY. BUT THIS MODEL LAPTOP DONT HAVE THAT OPTIONAL
  • limkarhau
    THIS brummyfan2, THANK FOR REPLY. BUT THIS MODEL LAPTOP DONT HAVE THAT OPTIONAL
  • Right click start(Windows icon), click Device manager, expand Human Interface Devices, expand Mice and other pointing devices and post the snip.

• limkarhau
    there does't have touch pad hardware. 
  • Highlight and right click HID-Compliant mouse, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • Pullit68
    Pullit68 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Exactly same laptop model, EXACTLY the same problem. Any ideas?
  • Pullit68
    Pullit68 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

What BIOS version do you have? Did you update before problems occurred?
  • n0nam3
    n0nam3 Member Posts: 3 New User
    limkarhau said:
    I GOT A NEW ACER ASPIRE 5 A514-52 LAPTOP WITH NEW 10TH GEN I3 PROCESSOR. BUT AFTER I CLEAN INSTALL WINDOWS, MY TOUCHPAD NO FUNCTION AT ALL. I TRY TO USE WINDOWS UPDATE TO UPDATE ALL DRIVER, AND ALSO TRY TO INSTALL MANUALLY FROM ACER OFFICIAL WEBSITE, BUT STILL SAME PROBLEM, ANYONE CAN HELP ME
    Same...
    Acer Aspire A514-52G
    Did you solve the problem? (HUN?)

• limkarhau
    Pullit68 said:
    Exactly same laptop model, EXACTLY the same problem. Any ideas?
    actually not only this model, mostly 10th gen laptop like this. u need to install all the driver from acer official website, expectially io driver, then the problem solve
  • KassiYow
    KassiYow Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello! just bought my acer aspire A514-52 but my touchpad keeps on lagging for seconds from time to time. is there any reason? im sorry but im new to this.
  • jjur
    jjur Member Posts: 1 New User
    KassiYow said:
    Hello! just bought my acer aspire A514-52 but my touchpad keeps on lagging for seconds from time to time. is there any reason? im sorry but im new to this.
    I have exactly the same problem, also with acer aspire A514-52 did you resolve the problem?
  • Georgeikon
    Georgeikon Member Posts: 8 New User
    jjur said:
    KassiYow said:
    I have exactly the same problem, also with acer aspire A514-52 did you resolve the problem?

anyone??
  • zec
    zec Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    KassiYow said:
    same model, same problem. did you solve it ?
  • zec
    zec Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    jjur said:
    KassiYow said:
    did you solve it ?