Acer Aspire A315-41G-R4BW - Can i upgrade my screen?

umaruuuuun
umaruuuuun Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello I have an Acer Aspire a315-41g-r4bw and currently my screen is broken due to an accident and I wonder that if im going to replace the screen (yes im completely aware of warranty void) I might as well upgrade my 60hz fhd 1920x1080 into an IPS display same resolution but in 120hz is it possible to upgrade?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes it's possible but likely to be fairly expensive because it must be an ultra-slim 3.2mm thick panel to fit properly inside the lid. There may also be some areal fitness issues because not all 15.6" screen have exactly the same length & width dimensions and edge contours. It must also have a 30 pin connector.  Finally ACER doesn't guarantee anything above 60Hz refresh rates even though the graphics adapter might be capable of delivering 120Hz. In other words, IPS at 120Hz is possible but not guaranteed to work. So you're on your own. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes it's possible but likely to be fairly expensive because it must be an ultra-slim 3.2mm thick panel to fit properly inside the lid. There may also be some areal fitness issues because not all 15.6" screen have exactly the same length & width dimensions and edge contours. It must also have a 30 pin connector.  Finally ACER doesn't guarantee anything above 60Hz refresh rates even though the graphics adapter might be capable of delivering 120Hz. In other words, IPS at 120Hz is possible but not guaranteed to work. So you're on your own. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ