Acer Aspire V5-591G-51M1 New NMVe SSD causes BSOD when installing Nvidia GPU drivers

Maddne
Maddne Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone,
Screenshots of necessary details are uploaded at the end of the topic - NVMe SSD test, BIOS version, HWINFO64 ports and more.
My laptop felt really slow, therefore I decided to purchase a SSD. In matter of fact I got misled by a video showing how to manually install NVMe type SSD on V5-591G. I thought that's it. I am purchasing it right away. SSD is ADATA XPG SX6000 PRO NVMe 512gb, unaware of the fact that some V5-591G-XXXX models don't support NVMe.
I had some minor issues when installing Windows 10 on SSD via Media Creation tool, but in the end managed to load Windows 10 on SSD. *Current Windows version is different than the one from Microsoft, because I installed couple different versions in order to test.* HDD remains as storage. Then the problems began. I was experiencing constant BSOD. At some point BSOD appeared 15-20 s after Windows load. I didn't had the opportunity to check a minidump\dump log and BSOD showed no error code. Exactly as this guy explained it two years ago in this topic: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/269193/-solved-on-hold-950m-nvme-boot-drive-bsod/
After a while I found out what was causing the problem - Nvidia drivers. Stopping/uninstalling them in Safe mode sealed the deal. Laptop ran smoothly - idle, movies, installing/uninstalling programs. Tried manual installation of couple of different versions of NV drivers (2015-2019) - BSOD the moment it senses nvdia drivers! Searching for other solutions - no luck.
Turned out that some other V5-591G-XXXX models don't support NVMe PCIe port, so I decided to check whether mine is capable and as I can see on the HWINFO64 table there is a port (9) with max link width 4x, shows device class NVMe, but has RT Semiconductor inside as a device that is using the port, as far as I am aware.
I am still wondering why is the laptop able to run Windows 10 fully undisturbed on SSD NVMe and shows high SSD read/write speed, indicating it supports at least 2x speed, but can't run NV drivers.
Question list may continue further, but I tried to focus on the main subject. I still have roughly 14 days to return this SSD and purchase m.2 SATA III 2280.