Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire TC-885-EB11 motherboard

I have been trying to figure out the motherboard on this model of Acer Aspire desktop as I cant to turn it into a 3/4 decent gaming PC. I want to know if the motherboard supports full on GTX/RTX cards as I wasn't planning on keeping it in it's case. I want to add a 1070ti I have laying around into the computer to give it some more OOMPH over the i5 I have no thats 6 years old. All I really want to know is if this motherboard supports PCI 3.0 and if so can a card drop right in. 

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, PCIe is version 3.0, I have seen a user using 1070ti in this model, please read the Customer questions and answer section in the amazon link below.
    https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B07FQ5WNTS/9/ref=ask_ql_psf_ql_hza?sort=HELPFUL

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • Sulvan1Sulvan1 Posts: 1Member New User
    I have this computer as well, with a 1660ti graphics card put in and it runs nicely. What i want to know myself is can i upgrade the processor to an i7-8700k or an i7-9700k? I can't find the info on the physical motherboard and looking online hasnt been helpful. Both the processors are LGA1151 socket. The only difference ive found is one is 8th gen (8700k) and one is 9th gen (9700k). How can i find out if my tower will support them?