Acer Spin 5 - Windows Hallo stopped working (SP515-51GN)

vespaX
vespaX Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
After I reinstalled and updated the Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro the Windows Hallo camera feature stopped working.

I have checked all drivers and software that Acer provides to my laptop (SP515-51GN) and there is nothing that says camera drivers
I have updated all things Windows Update offers me
I have tried to update the camera drivers and remove the camera in the Device Manager

Below you can see: "We could not find a camera compatible to Windows Hallo-face." 
When I follow the link to Microsoft site they explain a little bit about cameras the needs to be compatible but not a single word that I could use to come to any conclusion.
Link: https://support.microsoft.com/sv-se/help/4468253/windows-hello-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy

Could someone help me, why could´t I find drivers to update???

Best Answers

• vespaX
    Answer ✓
    I have tested them all, sorry to say still Windows Hallo camera doesn't work, could not be found
  • vespaX
    Answer ✓
    Super Egydiocoelho!

But, how do I know what camera I have in my Spin 5, the software you sent had 3 options!?

Br Ola
  • vespaX
    Answer ✓
    Super Egydiocoelho!

But, how do I know what camera I have in my Spin 5, the software you sent had 3 options!?

Br Ola
  • vespaX
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    There is no extra applications besides Windows 10 Pro, and today i added a DJ software... so nothing in short, nothing like Kaspar, Norton.

Add to this, the camera works fine its only the "Windows Hallo Camera" feature that doesn't work!

Are there no ware to find support from Acer regarding firmware, software and more besides the few files that I could find under me registered devices? I mean, there must be somewhere Acer have a catalog with drivers and so!?!?    
  • vespaX
    Answer ✓
    This option is unfortunately not available in my device manager. But my fingerprint works fine, but perhaps (of course) they are not the same and doesn't share the same drivers.  

Can I find drivers anywhere?

Br Ola
  • vespaX
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi Egydiocoelho, sorry about the delay, I've been sick!
    First I will answer your question. When installing the Windows 10 Pro version I didn't format the hdd. I just used the Windows upgrade tool for USB stick to installed the new version and then entered the new key. I guess that the new installation pretty much cleared the hdd anyways.

I wonder, we know that this laptop have a camera that supports bio metric face recondition, it did when it was delivered and has worked up until now. So if... "if" the drivers for the camera/hardware in this laptop has in anyway disappeared from the computer there must be a way to reinstall them. The drivers must be available somewhere at Acer!

So 
    Egydiocoelho, regardless what happen or not I have a Acer product and I wonder, could you or anyone you know please tell me where to turn to, whom to ask or speak to at Acer to get the correct drivers pack to my machine?

Sincerely
    Ola Sannerholm
  • vespaX
    Answer ✓
    I see that I didn't add my screen dump from the Device Manager. It shows only the Bio Metric fingerprint driver.

• vespaX
    Answer ✓
    CASE CLOSED !
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can ask the moderators Acer-Karp or Acer-Manny.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vespaX
    Answer ✓
    I have tested them all, sorry to say still Windows Hallo camera doesn't work, could not be found
  • Are there any antivirus software installed that may be interfering with webcam settings? Example:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vespaX
    Answer ✓
    Super Egydiocoelho!

Br Ola
  • vespaX
    Answer ✓
    Super Egydiocoelho!

Br Ola
  • vespaX
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    There is no extra applications besides Windows 10 Pro, and today i added a DJ software... so nothing in short, nothing like Kaspar, Norton.

Add to this, the camera works fine its only the "Windows Hallo Camera" feature that doesn't work!

Are there no ware to find support from Acer regarding firmware, software and more besides the few files that I could find under me registered devices? I mean, there must be somewhere Acer have a catalog with drivers and so!?!?    
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2019

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vespaX
    Answer ✓
    This option is unfortunately not available in my device manager. But my fingerprint works fine, but perhaps (of course) they are not the same and doesn't share the same drivers.  

Can I find drivers anywhere?

Br Ola
  • When you upgraded windows 10 to the PRO version, did you format hdd or just upgraded windows? Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the ACer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vespaX
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi Egydiocoelho, sorry about the delay, I've been sick!
    First I will answer your question. When installing the Windows 10 Pro version I didn't format the hdd. I just used the Windows upgrade tool for USB stick to installed the new version and then entered the new key. I guess that the new installation pretty much cleared the hdd anyways.

I wonder, we know that this laptop have a camera that supports bio metric face recondition, it did when it was delivered and has worked up until now. So if... "if" the drivers for the camera/hardware in this laptop has in anyway disappeared from the computer there must be a way to reinstall them. The drivers must be available somewhere at Acer!

So 
    Egydiocoelho, regardless what happen or not I have a Acer product and I wonder, could you or anyone you know please tell me where to turn to, whom to ask or speak to at Acer to get the correct drivers pack to my machine?

Sincerely
    Ola Sannerholm
  • vespaX
    Answer ✓
    I see that I didn't add my screen dump from the Device Manager. It shows only the Bio Metric fingerprint driver.

• vespaX
    Answer ✓
    CASE CLOSED !
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You can ask the moderators Acer-Karp or Acer-Manny.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer