How to install Windows 7 on Acer Aspire 3 (A315-53-317G) AMD Ryzen

Options
joyngaihte
joyngaihte Member Posts: 3 New User
Trying several options but unsuccessful...

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning joyngaihte !

First, do you have a valid license legally purchased from Microsoft from Windows 7?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• joyngaihte
    Options
    @MaClane , yes i do have windows 7 licence.. and bootable usb from rufus .... my problem is windows 7 cannot be installed on the laptop. After installation, it boots only upto  windows 7 logo and hang afterwards... Some says we cannot install Windows 7 on this laptop series... but is there any other means to do..

The laptop Model is Aspire 3 A315-41-R45R
  • MaClane
    Options
    To install Windows 7, some requirements are required:

1- x64-bit mono-version ISO (Ultimate, Professional or Home Premium) with SP1 included [ISOs with x86 summers or more than one version are not functional]
    2- it is necessary to create the installation media in GPT mode with UEFi support
    3- Bios must have secureboot disabled and set to UEFi
    4- Only use a USB 2.0 port
    5- HDD must be converted to GPT

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• joyngaihte
    Options
    Hi @MaClane
     tried all what you've said... and could install the windows successfully...but it cannot startup and stuck at the windows 7 logo... 
  • MaClane
    Options
    I suggest you try again, but with another ISO and another USB stick.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• 3cw118
    3cw118 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Trying several options but unsuccessful...
    Tell you a Trick, if you really wants to load Windows 7, First make a bootable USB for Windows 7 by using rufus, you can go download here: https://rufus.ie/en/, In Rufus Menu, Choose GPT feature for bootable. (1) Go to your BIOS SETUP by press F2 (before Windows bootup. In Bios screen, look at Boot Options, disable " Secure Boot " then make your bootable to LEGACY or CSM (if no that feature then ) go change your 1st boot device into USB. Then Press F10 Saved...After  you completely install Windows 7 from Rufus, Turn off your computer, Insert the Windows 7 bootable in your USB Port, and Power on your computer, when you see the computer screen preload then Press F12 keys few times will pop up Boot Menu, Highlight Boot with USB, then follow instruction .... Way to go... Good luck. 
  • 3cw118

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi @MaClane
     tried all what you've said... and could install the windows successfully...but it cannot startup and stuck at the windows 7 logo... 
    Hi @MaClane
    OK, I got you, Try boot your Windows 7 on Safe mode.... In Safe mode,,, in the search box, type regedit, In Regedit menue look for Local HKEY_LOCAL_USER, Click Software, Then Click Microsoft, click Windows NT....
  • 3cw118

Tinkerer

Options
    3cw118 said:
    Hi @MaClane
    Hi @MaClane
    OK, I got you, Try boot your Windows 7 on Safe mode.... In Safe mode,,, in the search box, type regedit, In Regedit menue look for Local HKEY_LOCAL_USER, Click Software, Then Click Microsoft, click Windows NT....
    You need to Change the WIndows 7 : WIM Keys in WIN10 WIM Keys so tricking the computer you boot with WIN10, then your computer will start up normal like you have before

• 3cw118

Tinkerer

Options
    @MaClane , yes i do have windows 7 licence.. and bootable usb from rufus .... my problem is windows 7 cannot be installed on the laptop. After installation, it boots only upto  windows 7 logo and hang afterwards... Some says we cannot install Windows 7 on this laptop series... but is there any other means to do..

The laptop Model is Aspire 3 A315-41-R45R
    Acer technician they program the BIOS only allow UEFI mode, if you gone through all the step still have the same problem, Then You need to find a BIOS firmware for Windows 7, then your BIOS will Add EFI instead of UEFI,  Only EFI can make your Windows 7 OS bootable...
  • 3cw118

Tinkerer

Options
    I have a ACER ASPIRE A315-23 I experienced with your problem before , I research by googling, finally I got the correct answer, thats how I did mine
  • 3cw118

Tinkerer

Options
    The reason you get hang on Windows 7 Booting, Because your BIOS is setup on UEFI