Acer Predator Helios 300 League of Legends FPS drop problems

Options
GoodProphecy
GoodProphecy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone im sorry for my poor English but I need your help.

I am playing League of Legends on my brand new laptop Acer Predator Helios 300, I generally am around 140-160 FPS for the whole game, but some games, and it happens often, I am at 30 FPS for the whole game even tho I have my FPS in game uncapped. I have tried most of the suggestions I have on this site to fix my fps but it just won't work I just don't know what to do anymore. Thank you for your help

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening GoodProphecy !

Before giving you the basic settings to play, you need to know some facts.
    Online games require several points beyond the computer hardware to achieve maintaining an FPS range.
    Issues such as dedicated links, internet bandwidth, routing configuration, server availability, network congestion and more can interfere much more than a high performance laptop or not.

Now about the basic settings:

1- all drivers and windows must be properly updated
    2- the device must be set to use the high performance power plan of Windows
    3- the battery must be charged 100% before playing
    4- Battery should be set to advanced power options for maximum performance.
    5- Game applications must be set in dedicated GPU painel (AMD or Nvida if you have one) to be the main
    6- The appliance must be connected directly to a properly grounded power outlet without any power adapter.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• GoodProphecy
    GoodProphecy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank for your answer, may I ask you how to do all of that ?
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    @GoodProphecy

Let me understand you correctly - you say you get good FPS all the time, but some times the entire game runs at 30 FPS occasionally - as in it starts running at 30 FPS like it were fixed at 30 FPS and keeps doing this until you close the game.

Now, assuming I got you correctly, there are two possible things that might be happening:
    1. You are gaming on battery - with power supply unplugged - the processing power of GPU is capped when on battery and FPS capped internally at 30 (this will not go up even if you set to unlimited FPS) (battery cannot handle the power needed for both CPU and GPU and hence this performance capping).
    2. Your game might be starting up using your internal graphics card. Try going into your NVIDIA control panel, and set this game to use NVIDIA GPU always.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • MaClane
    Options

These are all basic settings for any player who has a minimum knowledge of operating system and equipment operation:

1- all drivers and windows must be properly updated
    A: Just go to WIndows update and update everything as required.
    Video drivers must be updated directly from Intel and Nvidia

2- the device must be set to use the high performance power plan of Windows
    A: You must access the power plan from the control panel and use the high performance one.

3- the battery must be charged 100% before playing
    A: You must charge the battery 100% before playing.

4- Battery should be set to advanced power options for maximum performance.
    A: In advanced power plan options, you must set the battery option

5- Game applications must be set in dedicated GPU panel (AMD or No doubt if you have one) to be the main
    A: You should go to the Nvidia dashboard and choose the particular GPU to be the main renderer of the game.

6- The appliance must be directly connected to a properly grounded power outlet without any power adapter.
    A: You must plug the charger into the laptop and the power outlet as instructed.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2019
    Options
    aside from the tips given here you can also search youtube on instruction for some if not all of what is stated.

do note that some model like my acer helios 300 don't have high performance plan but you can read up here on how to activate it.

Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!

• MaClane
    Options
    aceerfan said:
    aside from the tips given here you can also search youtube on instruction for some if not all of what is stated.

do note that some model like my acer helios 300 don't have high performance plan but you can read up here on how to activate it.

High performance plan is independent of the laptop model but the version and configuration of Windows.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    Options
    aceerfan said:

Any plan available can be manually setup as high performance plan via advanced power management settings (there are loads of advanced power options that can be unlocked but i dont recommend it to any normal user to do it only to advanced users why might want to fiddle with it a but)  :)

GoodProphecy by any chance is your battery discharging while you play on AC ? also how are you temps while playing some of the most common fps drop issues are battery drain (when the adapter tries to recharge the battery while youre playing this usually only happens when the battery goes down to 40% or under and to add battery drain will also happen if you have too many usb devices plugged in at the same time draining power without a good self powered usb hub ) or thermal throttling  also you have to have your windows optimized if you haven done it already 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/