Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 - Windows 10 1903

GoDeAtErET
GoDeAtErET Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
hi im using predator helios 300 2018 model ph315-51 and i've been using windowds 10 1803 for some time but just recently i got an update about windows 10 1903 cumulative update and windows update center on my laptop have been trying to download it many times but fail. why is this happenning is it because my laptop is not compatible with that software ? because it just not possible since its pretty new. is windows 10 1903 stable ? is it compatible with my acer predator helios 300 i5 8th gen ? if i update my ;aptop using windows update assistant will it have any problems? there is also this notice where they tell me my current version of windows is nearing the end of support ? what happen if i just leave my laptop as it is will windows insist i update to the next software update (1903) in the future through windows update?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @GoDeAtErET

1903 update is currently available for only a few models. Do not force update until unless it is prompted to update in windows update. Microsoft is soon going to release a patch which will pass through the 1903 update for all windows 10 devices.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Rudy21 said:
    @GoDeAtErET

1903 update is currently available for only a few models. Do not force update until unless it is prompted to update in windows update. Microsoft is soon going to release a patch which will pass through the 1903 update for all windows 10 devices.
    @Rudy21, his 1903 update is being delivered through Windows Update, so there's no block.
    @GoDeAtErET, use Media Creation Tool and download the ISO and keep its backup in some other place. Backup your PC now. After doing it, remove any peripheral device other than your Power Adaptor. Also disconnect from internet. Now double-click the downloaded ISO file. It will get mounted as a virtual drive. Run the Setup file and follow the instructions of the Windows 10 Setup. 
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    what do you mean by download fail? what is the error code? mine giving us a screen shot so that we can know more to provide a solution.
    Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!

• GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

aceerfan said:
    what do you mean by download fail? what is the error code? mine giving us a screen shot so that we can know more to provide a solution.
    it was alog time ago about a few weeks ago but the problem was that it couldn't install the update it tried about 3 times and fail after that alll i remember was that it stop trying the next day and just continued 1803 software. and is 1803 the latest i knew there was something likw 1809? my predator helios is quite new and ive been keeping my laptop software up to date and its still 1803 ? 
  • GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

Rudy21 said:
    @GoDeAtErET

sp i just wait until they make me update it in the future ?
  • GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    Rudy21 said:
    @GoDeAtErET

@Rudy21, his 1903 update is being delivered through Windows Update, so there's no block.
    @GoDeAtErET, use Media Creation Tool and download the ISO and keep its backup in some other place. Backup your PC now. After doing it, remove any peripheral device other than your Power Adaptor. Also disconnect from internet. Now double-click the downloaded ISO file. It will get mounted as a virtual drive. Run the Setup file and follow the instructions of the Windows 10 Setup. 
    the update 1903 was prompt to me through windows update like 29/8/2019 now i didnt see tht update anymore it always update for 1803 
  • GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

aceerfan said:
    i think the error code is 0x80240034 what does it mean ? what should i do ? advice pls :)
  • aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    aceerfan said:
    i think the error code is 0x80240034 what does it mean ? what should i do ? advice pls :)
    google "0x80240034" lots of solution suggestion take a look at the youtube video. hope it solve your issue.
    Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!

• XdxD
    aceerfan said:
    Just follow what I said. I have updated like that to 1903.
  • GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    aceerfan said:
    so its supported and compatible ? wont have problems rite? safe to update now or just wait until windows make me update 
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:
    aceerfan said:
    so its supported and compatible ? wont have problems rite? safe to update now or just wait until windows make me update 
    If my 2017's G3-572 can run it fine, why can't your 2018 model be even compatible?
  • GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    aceerfan said:
    If my 2017's G3-572 can run it fine, why can't your 2018 model be even compatible?
    is that older ? i dont know much haha is that a predator helios 300?
  • XdxD
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    aceerfan said:
    Yup, my Predator Helios 300 (G3-572) is from 2017.
  • GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    aceerfan said:
    wow didnt know its suported even older models. ill try to run update assistant and install it from there. thank you again for your help

• XdxD
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    XdxD said:
    aceerfan said:
    wow didnt know its suported even older models. ill try to run update assistant and install it from there. thank you again for your help

It even installed fine on my old Sony Vaio laptop from 2011.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    GoDeAtErET well if you really want to update go for it but if you arent having any issues i wouldnt do it until you have them (if ever) its true 1803 its probably the worst of all the win10 versions 1703 was probably the best of all 3 at the time and 1809 not bad at all not saying 1903 its not good but some ppl seem to have loads of issues when upgrading to 1903 via upgrade from previous versions havent got a clue why (luckily mine came with 1703 when i got it and i upgraded to 1809 once it came out never updated/upgraded anything since and never had a single issue) prob the safest way its to clean install 1903 via usb drive not upgrading but you would loose your acer stock recovery of course if you wont clone it into another drive before 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    GoDeAtErET well if you really want to update go for it but if you arent having any issues i wouldnt do it until you have them (if ever) its true 1803 its probably the worst of all the win10 versions 1703 was probably the best of all 3 at the time and 1809 not bad at all not saying 1903 its not good but some ppl seem to have loads of issues when upgrading to 1903 via upgrade from previous versions havent got a clue why (luckily mine came with 1703 when i got it and i upgraded to 1809 once it came out never updated/upgraded anything since and never had a single issue) prob the safest way its to clean install 1903 via usb drive not upgrading but you would loose your acer stock recovery of course if you wont clone it into another drive before 
    what do you mean i will lose acer stock recovery? i used windows update assistant to update did lose anything tho
  • XdxD
    xapim said:
    what do you mean i will lose acer stock recovery? i used windows update assistant to update did lose anything tho
    Only when you clean install Windows 10 will you lose your stock recovery partition. Better keep a backup.
  • GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    aceerfan said:
    so its supported and compatible ? wont have problems rite? safe to update now or just wait until windows make me update after end support for 1803 ?
  • GoDeAtErET

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    aceerfan said:
    so its supported and compatible ? wont have problems rite? safe to update now or just wait until windows make me update after end support for 1803 ?