Orion 9000 1080 TI 8700K internet speed problems

Options
lolu
lolu Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hi, for a while i've been having issues with the internet speed and i thought its from the provider so i decided to take my pc to have it tested. The guy put a new network card and the download speed was still to low... he said it must be a software problem. Did a fresh win install but my speed its the same ... what's even more strange its that on wireless i have better speed than on cable (at home) in the shop he got better results with cable but like i sad still way to low.
Any ideas?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening lolu !

Starting with the basics:
    Have you tested another network cable?
    Have you tried other modem / router ports?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• lolu
    Options
    Tested several cables, and all ports
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi lolu
    1. Press WINDOWS + X
    2. Select "Device Manager"
    3. Click on "Network card"
    4. Right click on your Network card
    5. Click on "Remove"
    6. Click on "Detect hardware changes" (monitor icon)

Then you can also do that:

1. Digit "cmd" in windows search bar
    2. Right click on "command prompt"
    3. Click on "Run as Administrator"
    4. Digit "ipconfig /flushdns" without quote and press ENTER
    5. Digit "ipconfig /renew" without quote and press ENTER
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I have to ask... What speeds are you getting? Are you connected to the router at 100Mbit or 1Gbit?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lolu
    Options
    @TECH_MAN nothing worked... :(@billseyim getting 40 Mbits via Ethernet and on wireless i get 240... The speed test from my provider shows that the 400 Mbits are coming in the router but my wifi card get 240 and the most strange thing is that Ethernet connection is so bad.
    My networkcard is Killer E2400 and wifi is Intel dualband wireless AC-8265 if that helps 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does the Killer Control Center give any hints as to why the speed is so slow? What is the make and model of the router? The 240Mbps for the WiFi sounds about right, are you connected to the router via the 2.4GHz band or the 5GHz band? 240Mbps is pretty good if you're on 2.4GHz.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.