Acer AN515-53-55G9 Thermal Paste Replace

nsa591
nsa591 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey everyone first time posting!

I just bought the AN515-53-55G9 as a gift for my sister and I'm in the process of doing the entire setup on it before giving it to her. I've already installed an additional 8GB of ram and a 1TB 2.5 ssd. I still need to completely reinstall the OS with my own custom image, I made a lot of changes for security and have pre-built programs included with the install....non-bloatware of course. 

Anyway, I haven't benchmarked the laptop yet but I'm going to imagine that Acer used the cheapest possible thermal paste for the GPU and CPU. I would like to reapply it with what I use, Noctua NT-H1.
 My only question is, will this void the warranty? There aren't any void if removed stickers I can see. They can't be enforced in the US anyway. I know what I'm doing but I'm just wondering if anyone has been void of their warranty when Acer noticed different thermal paste. They told me installing my own ram and ssd would void the warranty even though they provide hard drive mounting screws in the box. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning nsa591 !

The warranty issue varies by country and region.
    I suggest you inquire directly through the comminution channels: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    nsa591 said:
    Hey everyone first time posting!

I just bought the AN515-53-55G9 as a gift for my sister and I'm in the process of doing the entire setup on it before giving it to her. I've already installed an additional 8GB of ram and a 1TB 2.5 ssd. I still need to completely reinstall the OS with my own custom image, I made a lot of changes for security and have pre-built programs included with the install....non-bloatware of course. 

Anyway, I haven't benchmarked the laptop yet but I'm going to imagine that Acer used the cheapest possible thermal paste for the GPU and CPU. I would like to reapply it with what I use, Noctua NT-H1. My only question is, will this void the warranty? There aren't any void if removed stickers I can see. They can't be enforced in the US anyway. I know what I'm doing but I'm just wondering if anyone has been void of their warranty when Acer noticed different thermal paste. They told me installing my own ram and ssd would void the warranty even though they provide hard drive mounting screws in the box. 

You are correct, in the USA your warranty is not voided for doing a thermal repaste also RAM isn't voided as long as recommended RAM is used. However if you damage the laptop doing either of the above then the warranty is voided.
    If I have answered your question please click YES, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★