Not a Question. Figured out an issue I had when connected to wireless.

Options
BigMikeTX82
BigMikeTX82 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So I spent 3 days trying to figure this issue out and I thought I would throw it out there in case somebody else ends up with the same issue.

I was unable to connect to Steam, Origin, Uplay, One Drive, etc...  I could when connected via Ethernet but not over WiFi.

I tried changing DNS, resetting network settings, uninstalling AV, disabling firewall, and finally wiping my machine to no avail.

Finally, I updated my wifi card and boom, everything starts working.

I've you're having the same issue, try updating your drivers first.

Answers

• aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    yes I updated my driver and most of my unstable connection is solved. also don't forget to update you nvidia/amd gpu as well as your internal graphics driver as well.
    Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening BigMikeTX82 !

The issue is some internal controllers depending on the chipset version share information.
    So even though wireless and ethernet are in different physical locations, the internal controllers "talk to each other".
    In addition, it was a good sharing of information.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• BigMikeTX82
    Options
    aceerfan said:
    yes I updated my driver and most of my unstable connection is solved. also don't forget to update you nvidia/amd gpu as well as your internal graphics driver as well.
    I stay pretty on top of GPU updates.  I check weekly.
  • BigMikeTX82
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good evening BigMikeTX82 !

The issue is some internal controllers depending on the chipset version share information.
    So even though wireless and ethernet are in different physical locations, the internal controllers "talk to each other".
    In addition, it was a good sharing of information.

Thanks for sharing that.  I was unaware.