Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

ACER NITRO 5 AN515-51 BUILT IN CAMERA

xChuckiexChuckie Posts: 7Member New User
Hi!
I bought my new laptop acer nitro 5,and the problem is my webcam is not working,i looked in device manager but camera doesnt show up in there,I tried all but i can't get it to work.

FAQ & Answers

• TECH_MANTECH_MAN Posts: 417Ally
    Hi xChuckie

Check if your webcam is on

Add Imaging Devices Manually

1. Hold the Windows Key and Press R.
    2. Type hdwwiz.cpl and Click OK
    3. Click Action and choose Add Legacy Hardware

4. Click Next, and choose “Install the hardware that i manually select from the list” and click Next, scroll down to choose Imaging Devices and Click Next.

5. Locate the missing device through the manufacturer’s tab and add it.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • xChuckiexChuckie Posts: 7Member New User

I dont have that options at all
  • Coqui13Coqui13 Posts: 2,023ACE Pathfinder
    xChuckie try this web site https://webcamtests.com/ (please click on test my cam if your cam is detected and allow access when prompted).

If you don't get any image or camera detected then try re-installing the driver with Driver Booster app/software or you can try re-installing the O.S. from factory defaults and see if the driver gets automatically re-installed Re-install with Alt-F10 here, last option will be contacting your local Acer support to have the unit sent for repair here.

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• andylbandylb Posts: 1,390Member Mainframe Wrangler
    edited September 25
    It is inadvisable and unnecessary to use a 3rd party Driver app. Many problems have been posted here because of these 3rd party app installing incorrect drivers. Device manager and the hardware manufacturer have the correct drivers, it may take a little more work but it is far safer

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

I didn't use any 3d party Driver app,and my camera doesnt show on webcam test,and I cant find my camera in device manager,i dont know what to do, i have camera and can't use it,Nice.

• andylbandylb Posts: 1,390Member Mainframe Wrangler
    edited September 26
    xChuckie said:
    I didn't use any 3d party Driver app,and my camera doesnt show on webcam test,and I cant find my camera in device manager,i dont know what to do, i have camera and can't use it,Nice.

I know you didn't use a 3rd party, that comment was to make sure that you didn't.
    You could contact Acer support for your region

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

I can't contact them
  • BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 973ACE Pioneer
    xChuckie said:
    I can't contact them
    Hello!!

May I know the country you reside? Also share us the mode [phone or chat] through which you tried contacting Acer & what happened exactly when you tried contacting Acer support in your region. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Croatia,i can't connect with them trough e-maila,i can only bring lapton in service centre