Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Adapter Malfunctioning - Aspire ES1-531-P5SA

Redd_X
Redd_X Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
The wifi capability on my laptop has been blanking in and out the past year on my laptop, with connectivity problems at various times. More recently (Last week), my wifi has been disabled completely, and I have to plug my laptop into my router with an ethernet cable. 

I visit the >Device Manager< folder a lot and there is an orange warning symbol on my >Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Adapter<. I have tried updating it, disabling it and enabling it, restarting my laptop and turning it off completely. The adapter will work for a short time then malfunction again. I get these codes:
>The device failed to start. Code 10<
>This device does not exist.< 
>Device PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_064211AD&REV_01\4&6965e17&0&00E1 requires further installation<.
All three are present as I type this.

I checked with the Acer Care portal and it says for me to download new drivers with the next windows update. 

Is anyone else having this issue? My laptop is about four years old, but I don't have the funds to buy a new one (Please don't suggest that). Does anyone have a solution to this? As mentioned, I have tried downloading updates, and disabling the device itself. 

Currently on Windows 10, 64 bit. I have no idea what information people may need to help me. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    @Redd_X
    Just try the below step and check
    BIOS default: Power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you 
    to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Redd_X
    Redd_X Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jack22 said:
    @Redd_X
    Just try the below step and check
    BIOS default: Power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you 
    to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

I tried this a few days back and have been hoping it would work, but it hasn't. Have you any other suggestions? 

The Device Manager keeps telling me that the device does not exist, or there are no drivers for the device. The events section shows that the wireless adapter I have at the moment was downloaded in 2018, but not properly installed.