Acer E15 lost admin password

Options
midge8290
midge8290 Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi, my dad tried accessing his computer yesterday and can not remember his password. its been years since he last used it. Any ideas to help me with? I have the exact same laptop. I have tried to make a password recovery USB drive from my laptop but it doesnt give me the offer to make one under user account. Please help

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning midge8290 !

No sharing is allowed on the forum about accessing or modifying any kind of passwords.
    In this case, you will need to reinstall your system or send the device to your local Acer.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi midge8290
    If your having Microsoft Account please click on the Link and reset your password:- https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
    IF Its Local Account 

Systems that ship with Windows 8.1 allow you to restore to factory defaults by pressing Alt + F10 when the computer is booting up. Use the following steps to restore the your computer to factory defaults:- This steps will delete all your Apps, folder, Pictures and reboot as New OS.

1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Press the Power key to turn on the computer.
    3. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should boot to a blue screen that says Choose an option.
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system. Choose the Refresh your PC option if you want to restore your system and retain your data.
    6. Click Next, then select Just remove my files.
    7. Click Reset to begin the recovery.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • midge8290
    Options
    Ok sorry for asking information about accessing without a password. I didn't think. If I can't do what tech_man recommends then how can I reinstal the is? I can't do anything with my dad's laptop
  • MaClane
    Options
    As stated, you can perform the factory OEM system reinstallation.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• midge8290
    Options
    MaClane said:
    As stated, you can perform the factory OEM system reinstallation.
    Sorry I'm not sure how to do that. Can you tell me?
  • MaClane
    Options
    TECH_MAN has already detailed above:

"
    1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    3. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should boot to a blue screen that says Choose an option.
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system. Choose the Refresh your PC option if you want to restore your system and retain your data.
    "

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• midge8290
    Options
    MaClane said:
    TECH_MAN has already detailed above:

"
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    "

Alt and F10 doesn't work. I get a blue windows logo with a loading circle and then it goes back to the user and password
  • MaClane
    Options
    You must press ALT + F10 as soon as you turn on the power, before the post and before the Acer logo.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• midge8290
    Options
    MaClane said:
    You must press ALT + F10 as soon as you turn on the power, before the post and before the Acer logo.

Yes that's what I've been doing. It just doesn't work
  • midge8290
    Options
    midge8290 said:
    MaClane said:

Yes that's what I've been doing. It just doesn't work
    MaClane said:

It doesn't work on my own Acer either
  • MaClane
    Options
    In this case, the best solution is to perform a fresh installation with an official ISO directly from the Microsoft website.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• midge8290
    Options
    I upgraded my Acer a few months back with a ssd. Can I use my old harddrive in my dad's computer?
  • MaClane
    Options
    If the devices are identical on all hardware, the HDD should work without problems.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™