No Bootable device. Does Acer supply a replacement OS or what are my options?

Options
Sleepyhead65
Sleepyhead65 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So. 
Acer Spin 3. older than 1 year and therefore out of warranty. No bootable device error and I sadly did not back up my disk. Recovery stick does not start up the HDD so I think it's toast.

I'm going to get an SSD to replace it but I wanted to know my best option for getting Windows 10 onto the new drive. The OS was included on the unit and I don't want to have to pay for something I've already bought. Is there an option to get Windows 10 for this at no further cost?

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi Sleepyhead65

Press and hold the power button till the machine completely shuts off. Remove the charger. Then check the case bottom/back for a battery reset pinhole. If it exists, gently insert a paper clip to disconnect the battery for about a minute. Then let the machine sit for about 15 minutes.  Then reconnect the charger, turn it back on while at the same time IMMEDIATELY pressing and holding the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. If the HDD's hidden recovery partition hasn't been rattled or corrupted a reset screen should appear again.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Sleepyhead65
    Options
    thank you for your assistance. This did not help. I did open up the computer and gave it a listen. The drive is spinning without a lot of noise and I am guessing that the circuit board is gone. 
  • TECH_MAN
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Sleepyhead65
    Are you able to get into BIOS Screen ? 
  • Sleepyhead65
    Options
    nothing at all
  • TECH_MAN
    Options
    Hi Sleepyhead65
    Its Look like hardware Issue, If your computer is still Under warranty Please Contact Acer Support  by clicking on  http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • Sleepyhead65
    Options
    How do I go about getting windows 10 for the replacement disk?