Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Does my Acer Swift 3 (SF315-51G-36XZ) support the SSD(M.2) and RAM upgrade?

the local salesman told me that it does not support M.2 SSD... But online sources tell that it does support M.2 SSD.
1.  If it does support M.2 SSD please specify:
-interface: PCIe NVME or SATA
-form factor: 2260 or 2280
-supported size

2.  If it supports RAM upgrade
-extra slot or just bigger RAM upgrade

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• About ram memory, according to the service manual, there is no slot available.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MartinJohn00001MartinJohn00001 Posts: 417Ally
    Accepted Answer
    @XCongoAlpha
    Hi, Good Morning! Kindly find the storage specifications of your unit below.

As per as the above specs, your unit supports M.2 SSD. the form factor is 2280.
    For the the RAM the specs , check the specs below.

You can check for the upgrades of your unit in the link below.
    https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/swift-3-sf315-51g

Kindly click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped you!      
    Thank you and have a Blessed Day  :3
  • XCongoAlphaXCongoAlpha Posts: 2Member New User

DIMM socket number=0 --- means there is no extra ram slot right? Sad
  • Yes my friend.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MartinJohn00001MartinJohn00001 Posts: 417Ally
    edited September 22

DIMM socket number=0 --- means there is no extra ram slot right? Sad
    Hi, sorry for late reply. unfortunately like egydiocoelho said, the answer is yes my friend. There is no extra RAM slot present.

Kindly click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped you!      
    Thank you and have a Blessed Day  :3