Acer Customer Service swift 3

Options
Clarity
Clarity Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So I have recently bought two acer swift 3 laptops for my fiance and her sister because they both wanted them. But on both laptops the brightness buttons are reversed, i.e. I press f3 and the brightness goes down even though the key shows the bright sun. When I contacted acer support I was basically treated like an *****. I was asked multiple times are you sure that you are pressing the right key and whether or not I set up the laptop with US and English layouts.

One time I could probably accept as some kind of manufacturing error or something, but twice either I have the worst luck in the world or this is a more pervasive issue. 

I just want to get a laptop that works when opened new out of the box is that so hard to ask for?

Don't really know who to contact next, technical support and get treated like an ***** basically again is not viable for me. I've searched for an email address to contact but can't find one anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning Clarity !

Actually, the function keys are working without pressing Fn, right?
    In this case, restart the notebook and press F2 before the Acer logo appears to access Bios-Uefi.
    Look for a function called Function Key Behavior and change it to Special Key if you are in Media Key, or vice versa.
    Save by pressing F10, restart the system and do the test.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Clarity,

Sorry to hear this, can you please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny