Is it possible to Upgrading Acer R3-431T Wi-Fi card?

Heidicoder2479
Heidicoder2479 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Acer Software
Is it possible to upgrade, and if so how do i find a compatible upgrade for my Acer laptop R3-431T for it's WiFi and Bluetooth card. Currently I have Wireless Protocol 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth. 
 [Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    @Heidicoder2479

The Intel 3160 in the Amazon link below will definitely fit and work with your laptop.  It allows you to connect to Wifi from a wireless router or Access Point using 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz.  It doesn't work with cellular signal though if that's what you meant by gen 5 or 5G.

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-3160-HMWG-R-Wireless-Bluetooth-Supports/dp/B00MY9EVHI

You can check with Verizon or AT&T or T-Mobile or Sprint if you need help with connecting to a cellular signal or need help getting equipment to connect to a cellular signal or something like that.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• Do you want to upgrade to the 5ghz ACE wireless network card? Have you considered purchasing a usb adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Heidicoder2479

Tinkerer

I did try an adapter, it did nothing I live in the sticks so I wanted to upgrade to the best I can get I just wasn't sure what that was
  • Heidicoder2479

Tinkerer

Is there one that's an upgrade, and also gen 5 capable

• JordanB
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    @Heidicoder2479

The Intel 3160 in the Amazon link below will definitely fit and work with your laptop.  It allows you to connect to Wifi from a wireless router or Access Point using 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz.  It doesn't work with cellular signal though if that's what you meant by gen 5 or 5G.

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-3160-HMWG-R-Wireless-Bluetooth-Supports/dp/B00MY9EVHI

You can check with Verizon or AT&T or T-Mobile or Sprint if you need help with connecting to a cellular signal or need help getting equipment to connect to a cellular signal or something like that.

• Heidicoder2479

Tinkerer

Thank you that's a huge help and exactly what I needed a your the 💩
  • JordanB
    edited September 2019
    @Heidicoder2479

The Intel 7260 in the Amazon link below is better (faster) than the Intel 3160.  But Acer never tested the 7260 in your laptop.  However, I read some of the reviews and they said it works fine with your laptop's mainboard.  So the Intel 7260 in link below would be the best internal card you could get for your computer model. (1/2 Height Mini PCIe form factor)

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-Network-Bluetooth-7260-HMWWB-R/dp/B00N7474CS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Also, I should have mentioned....that you should download the driver from Intel's website before you install your card.
  • Heidicoder2479

Tinkerer

JordanB .....I replaced my mother board twice so idk if that will work I'd have to go back to where I ordered mine and see exactly what I put in bc I forgot the specifics
  • Heidicoder2479

Tinkerer

I'm hoping that this will bump this question back up too the top .. I've tried these cards and my laptop is still doing what it does! I can now actually use Bluetooth but it only lasts for so long and then whatever ear buds I'm using will say driver error and stop working until I reset my laptop. I have tried to update the driver and nothing works so I'm returning here to see if anyone can help. I know my laptop is old but I've tore apart and upgraded everything I could to make it last bc I really like my laptop. Everything is pretty much brand new down to the screen and hinges. Anyone that could help I'll be forever grateful .. thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer

It's possible the issues you are seeing are due to poor antennas. Either the connection to the WiFi/Bluetooth card aren't solid or the cables themselves are having connection problems to the antennas beside the display. Of those the most likely point or issue would be where the antenna cables are routed through the hinge. Each time you open or close the laptop they get flexed and over enough time they can get internal cracks or break entirely. Inspect closely to see if you can see anything amiss...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.