Acer TC-885-accfli5 rebooting every few hours

JonyPR96
JonyPR96 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I'm having a problem with my Acer TC-885-accfli5, every few hours it reboots itself without notice, in the event viewer on windows it says event  41, Kernel - Power. I have a crucial ssd for booting, and the factory 2tb hdd for storage. I saw reviews on amazon saying the same problem of the random reboots. 

Best Answer

• Impact
    Impact Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Faulty power supply!  Thanks JonyPR96.  I suspected the P/S or memory.  I swapped out the faulty FPS P/S and the PC has been working flawlessly for over 10 hours.  It would have done at least 4 or 5 reboots in that time.  My circa 2005 ATX P/S fits perfectly, except for the power connector to the DVD, which needed to be cannibalized from the FPS. 
    BTW, if you want to expand memory with matched speed DDR4, it's PC4-2666 chip.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon JonyPR96 !

It is not possible to say what the equipment problem really is.
    You should start with the basics by testing your hardware:
    PSU, memory banks, HDDs and SSDs, and GPus.
    After that, go to the system tests:
    Reinstall the factory OEM system, upgrade and verify.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Yes, unfortunately a Kernel Power error doesn't give us much to go on. It's the error generated when starting up after a power off without shutdown. So pretty much any crash that goes straight into reboot without the shutdown process throws that error. Are you running any temperature monitors? The most common cause of a random power cycle type crash is the CPU going into it's over temperature mode, which happens at a CPU temperature of 100C. If you have a temperature monitor running you might be able to see the climb just before the crash.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dnmvcs
    Dnmvcs Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought five of these machines for our elementary school teachers. I now have the same thing happening with three of the five computers. I doubt this is an issue caused by you, this is something in the manufacturing and quality control. I’d love if someone from Acer could give us feedback on this thread.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Unfortunately this is a community support board and Acer's design group doesn't monitor it at all. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the heat sink for the CPU is starting to clog with dust, causing the higher temperatures forcing the shutdown. Have you seen anything like that when you've opened them?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JonyPR96
    JonyPR96 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Dnmvcs said:
    I bought five of these machines for our elementary school teachers. I now have the same thing happening with three of the five computers. I doubt this is an issue caused by you, this is something in the manufacturing and quality control. I’d love if someone from Acer could give us feedback on this thread.
    Finally found the problem, it was the stock FPS power supply. I changed it for a old one i had and the reboots stopped. I recently purchased a Seasonic 450w and its working perfectly.
  • Impact
    Impact Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Faulty power supply!  Thanks JonyPR96.  I suspected the P/S or memory.  I swapped out the faulty FPS P/S and the PC has been working flawlessly for over 10 hours.  It would have done at least 4 or 5 reboots in that time.  My circa 2005 ATX P/S fits perfectly, except for the power connector to the DVD, which needed to be cannibalized from the FPS. 
    BTW, if you want to expand memory with matched speed DDR4, it's PC4-2666 chip.