Helios 300 PH315-52 Turbo mode - My games gets black screen

Ceeu
Ceeu Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone i just got my Helios 300 and every time i turn on turbo mode my game break. My game screen get all black but not the game UI. I'll screenshot so you can see what i mean. The game works in normal/fast mode but every time i turn it to extreme mode it turn out like this. \/

Any idea what is can be/how i can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2019
    You can try updating your drivers which hopefully will help solve your issue:

1. Before you begin make sure you create a restore point. This is a very important! (Search YourTube for How-To)
      -Also important make sure you update Windows 10 to the latest version! (Again search YourTube for How-To)

2. For graphics driver:
      i) Download DDU (Google Display Driver Uninstaller)
      ii) If you have a nVidia/AMD GPU. Download nVidia/AMD dirvers from nVidia official website. (Refer to your device manager for your GPU model-Search YourTube for How-To)
      iii) Download Intel graphics driver from Intel official website (Refer to your device manager for your GPU model-Search YourTube for How-To)

3. For your network and wifi drivers:
    First find out your network & wifi make & model modules. Refer to your device manager for this information (Search YourTube for How-To). For example on my Predator Helios 300 (PH315-52) it has a Killer Networking Wifi & Ethernet modules so I download its uninstaller & its driver from Killer Networking official web site. Always try to get the official uninstaller & its drivers from the original manufacturer whenever possible.

4. Once you done all of the above disconnect your internet to prevent Windows 10 from reinstalling drivers that you want removed! Again Search YourTube for How-To. Make sure you have downloaded all needed uninstaller and drivers before disconnecting.

5. Boot into safemode to uninstall all the drivers for the devices mention above (Search YourTube for How-To boot into safe mode):
      i)First run DDU to uninstall nVidia/Intel/AMD GRAPHICS/GPU drivers (Search YourTube for How-To).
        -Preferably you do this for one device at a time.
        -For e.g. Once you uninstall the nVidia GPU driver in safe mode boot back into normal mode to install nVidia GPU drivers first before moving on to the next device.
        -You can do this in any order (As long as you do it for all the above mention device)
      ii)But I recommend installing the device drivers in the following order but make sure you UNINSTALL the above mention respective device drivers in safe mode FIRST! Then install the device drivers in the following order one device at a time preferably!:
          i.   nVidia/AMD GPU Drivers-For nVidia do use custom option and select the clean install option for extra safety.
          ii.  Intel Graphics Drivers.
          iii. Finally for Networking device drivers.
      iii)Again Do NOTE! uninstall each device driver in safe mode FIRST! then boot back into normal mode and install the drivers one device at a time. (Again Search YourTube for How-To)

After doing all this reboot back into normal mode and hope all your issue is solved! I did this for my newly purchase Helios 300 2019 and so far it has been rock stable when playing games like PUBG, Doom, Cuphead, etc...

Hope this helps you as well as others. Good Luck!

Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!

• Ceeu

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    aceerfan said:
    You can try updating your drivers which hopefully will help solve your issue:

1. Before you begin make sure you create a restore point. This is a very important! (Search YourTube for How-To)
      -Also important make sure you update Windows 10 to the latest version! (Again search YourTube for How-To)

2. For graphics driver:
      i) Download DDU (Google Display Driver Uninstaller)
      ii) If you have a nVidia/AMD GPU. Download nVidia/AMD dirvers from nVidia official website. (Refer to your device manager for your GPU model-Search YourTube for How-To)
      iii) Download Intel graphics driver from Intel official website (Refer to your device manager for your GPU model-Search YourTube for How-To)

3. For your network and wifi drivers:
    First find out your network & wifi make & model modules. Refer to your device manager for this information (Search YourTube for How-To). For example on my Predator Helios 300 (PH315-52) it has a Killer Networking Wifi & Ethernet modules so I download its uninstaller & its driver from Killer Networking official web site. Always try to get the official uninstaller & its drivers from the original manufacturer whenever possible.

4. Once you done all of the above disconnect your internet to prevent Windows 10 from reinstalling drivers that you want removed! Again Search YourTube for How-To. Make sure you have downloaded all needed uninstaller and drivers before disconnecting.

5. Boot into safemode to uninstall all the drivers for the devices mention above (Search YourTube for How-To boot into safe mode):
      i)First run DDU to uninstall nVidia/Intel/AMD GRAPHICS/GPU drivers (Search YourTube for How-To).
        -Preferably you do this for one device at a time.
        -For e.g. Once you uninstall the nVidia GPU driver in safe mode boot back into normal mode to install nVidia GPU drivers first before moving on to the next device.
        -You can do this in any order (As long as you do it for all the above mention device)
      ii)But I recommend installing the device drivers in the following order but make sure you UNINSTALL the above mention respective device drivers in safe mode FIRST! Then install the device drivers in the following order one device at a time preferably!:
          i.   nVidia/AMD GPU Drivers-For nVidia do use custom option and select the clean install option for extra safety.
          ii.  Intel Graphics Drivers.
          iii. Finally for Networking device drivers.
      iii)Again Do NOTE! uninstall each device driver in safe mode FIRST! then boot back into normal mode and install the drivers one device at a time. (Again Search YourTube for How-To)

After doing all this reboot back into normal mode and hope all your issue is solved! I did this for my newly purchase Helios 300 2019 and so far it has been rock stable when playing games like PUBG, Doom, Cuphead, etc...

Hope this helps you as well as others. Good Luck!

Hey there, did you also had the same issues? It seems like a lot of work i don't really want to do. Thanks for the help, ill take a look at it tho

[Edited the post as inappropriate content posted - Acer-Harvey]
  • aceerfan
    edited September 2019
    Ceeu said:
    Hey there, did you also had the same issues? It seems like a lot of work i dont really want to do. Thanks for the help, ill take a look at it tho
    I don't play overwatch so no have not face the same issue.
    Also I did mention about making a restore point before you begin so that if anything goes wrong you can revert back before you make the changes.
    Maybe you can just update your windows 10 first which is super easy and if that does not help update your nvidia driver and forget the rest. update us if that has help.
    Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!

• Ceeu

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    aceerfan said:
    Ceeu said:
    Hey there, did you also had the same issues? It seems like a lot of work i dont really want to fu*k something up...

Thanks for the help, ill take a loot at it tho
    Also I did mention about making a restore point before you begin so that if anything goes wrong you can revert back before you make the changes.
    Maybe you can just update your windows 10 first which is super easy and if that does not help update your nvidia driver and forget the rest. update us if that has help.
    It is not just only on Overwatch, it is on all the games
    Yeah i've all the latest update on Windows and Nvidia
    I just wanna get this right, by reinstall drivers usually fix the problem? 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    Ceeu my best advice here its backup everything you need and perform an acer stock recovery clean install ALT+F10 on boot (delete everything) after dont let windows update install the games and see if the issue persists if so that means it might not be software issue but hardware instead at this point i would send it back to repair

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• In addition to these tips, you have already selected the nvidia video card here:

I may be wrong, but is it possible that the transition between intel graphics card and nvidia is not happening correctly when you press the turbo button?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ceeu

Tinkerer

Sometime the whole screen get green instead of black, i tried turbo mode on Diablo 3 and it works fine on that game...

Apparently it works on some games and other not, i got this laptop like 5 days ago so everything is just installed, should i still do a reboot on everything?

egydiocoelho not sure but when i look on Nvidia cpu activity it says the game run on that

• OK! But manually select, as in the screenshot above, so that the game uses the nvidia video card.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ceeu

Tinkerer

OK! But manually select, as in the screenshot above, so that the game uses the nvidia video card.
    I've tried that, did not work

i get this message and the green color i was talking about

• aceerfan
    Ceeu said:
    aceerfan said:
    Ceeu said:
    Hey there, did you also had the same issues? It seems like a lot of work i dont really want to fu*k something up...

Thanks for the help, ill take a loot at it tho
    It is not just only on Overwatch, it is on all the games
    Yeah i've all the latest update on Windows and Nvidia
    I just wanna get this right, by reinstall drivers usually fix the problem? 
    Since you already install the latest driver I guess chances for reinstalling the latest driver to solve the issue is slime but you need to try to be sure.
    also the impression you give me is that you don't want to fiddle with all the drivers installation and you also mention you just bought recently so it might be a hardware issue, just take it acer and see what they say. good luck.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ceeu

Tinkerer

Got this crash report from destiny, it seems something from the turbo mode make my CPU crash when im playing games. Might be hardware issue right?

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,747 Pathfinder
    Ceeu said:
    Hello everyone i just got my Helios 300 and every time i turn on turbo mode my game break. My game screen get all black but not the game UI. I'll screenshot so you can see what i mean. The game works in normal/fast mode but every time i turn it to extreme mode it turn out like this. \/

Any idea what is can be/how i can fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    The problem seems to be with 1903 and not with graphics drivers for now. My MSI which was working perfectly until the 1903 update starting crashing games since 1903. I simply removed MSI and all is back to normal. Looks like something in 1903 is causing this - mostly related to GPU undervolting - looks like this is being handled by windows or the latest GPU drivers.
    No amount of tries i made solved this.
    Only way out - remove MSI.
    Maybe you could try not going to TURBO mode if your games play well in other modes.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • DIt would be interesting for you to report what error is shown in the windows 10 event viewer as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,747 Pathfinder
    DIt would be interesting for you to report what error is shown in the windows 10 event viewer as well.
    In my case, there was nothing logged to event logs. It simply froze to death, and revived only via hard reboot.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • xapim
    edited September 2019
    Yes as @sri369 said seems MS somehow had done something to the latest updates causing users that are using msi afterburner to crash/freeze the system when using it dunno if its a bug or it was done on purpose but msi ab seems to be the main issue everywhere for those who use it by not using it and loosing the ability to overclock/undervolt the gpu everything works fine as far as im aware according to the user reports i had seen around everywhere

Anyway there are some more supposed found fixes for the freeze issues that could be fixed if googled loads show up like for ex here

If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Acer support:

• Ceeu

Tinkerer

I have decided to send it back, ill update you guys. Thanks for all the help i really appreciated :)
  • xapim
    edited September 2019
    Ceeu said:
    Sometime the whole screen get green instead of black, i tried turbo mode on Diablo 3 and it works fine on that game...

Apparently it works on some games and other not, i got this laptop like 5 days ago so everything is just installed, should i still do a reboot on everything?

egydiocoelho not sure but when i look on Nvidia cpu activity it says the game run on that

Ceeu you can just send it back as it is with the games installed if you want (for them to try to figure out whats wrong)  but remove all user accounts you may have logged in including browser logins and cookies you never know who will be looking at it

Acer support:

• Ceeu

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    Ceeu said:

Ceeu you can just send it back as it is with the games installed if you want (for them to try to figure out whats wrong)  but remove all user accounts you may have logged in including browser logins and cookies you never know who will be looking at it
    Yes, i send it back, apparently the CPU overheat so everything shut down. I got a new laptop now will test it out and see if this one works.

Any advice what i should do first ect?