I wanna reset my bios by removing motherboard battery

Options
2»

Answers

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    xapim said:
    Deejay_tech so the op spilled liquid on the keyboard (i havent seen him mention anything about it unless he opened another thread about it as everyone else does to confuse everyone) if the laptop its not starting after the spillage has nothing to do with the bios lol it means it short circuited some where probably the mobo its dead now if the spillage reached it dunno why hes trying to invent if that was the case he should had send it to warranty asap (of course they will not cover spillages he would have to pay for the replacement) if out of warranty better start to search for a donor mobo or in the best case take it to a repair shop to get a diagnostic of what was affected by the spillage dunno who told him that resetting the bios would fix any kind of short circuit because thats the same as asking for a miracle to happen

PS: electric devices and liquids do not go well together everyone should know that  :)
    thats why i am asking him to remove the keyboard cable and try booting. if the acer logo is displayed then mobo ms working and the problem is in the keyboard. NOTE: he has already opened the back case , so no harm on trying.

next, he wanted to know how to reset bios cmos so thats why i suggested a method.
    i have clearly mentioned above that resetting the cmos will not work in spillage case.

My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • Yrelei028
    Yrelei028 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I want to reset bios of mr acer travelmate p243 but i dont know where the cmos battery located? Pls help me thank you