my AN515-52-54GU doesn't boot in RST with optane mode after bios update 1.28v

killua23
killua23 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I updated my bios to latest version 1.28 and after restart it shows as in image. If i change RST with optane to AHCI mode and reinstall Windows then it works fine but when windows update install RST drive then after restart same problem appears as shown in image. @egydiocoelho please help.

Best Answer

• killua23

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    killua23 said:
    I updated my bios to latest version 1.28 and after restart it shows as in image. If i change RST with optane to AHCI mode and reinstall Windows then it works fine but when windows update install RST drive then after restart same problem appears as shown in image. @egydiocoelho please help.
    well, i found the solution. nothing complicated. while making windows bootable disk copy a optane driver in this link according to your device https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000026040/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html and it looks like f6flpy-x64.zip file and when you boot your device in rst with optane mode, if disk are missing click load driver and select the driver you copied in the usb and it may take some time but disks are recognized and install the windows asusual. thank you @egydiocoelho and @Sreyas for your support when i needed it. sorry if u have any confusion in my solution. feel free to ask.

Answers

• select ahci mode and then uninstall IRSR. enable safe mode and switch to rst with optane and reinstall irst.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • killua23

Tinkerer

select ahci mode and then uninstall IRSR. enable safe mode and switch to rst with optane and reinstall irst.
    irsr?? irst?? can you please elaborate them?
  • Sreyas
    Sreyas Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Now that I have a vague idea of your issue..... Let me give you some advice....

Issues that I had: 
    (I had two issues with the Optane, I'm gonna assume that you are facing the first issue that I had) I don't know much about the Optane systems. When I got my laptop (An515-52) It had a strange OS problem of freezing for 2 seconds when I right click at desktop. So I reinstalled the OS. Now I was changing the BIOS options related to the Optane. Now when I am in the AHCI, I had to Install the OS in that mode(ACHI mode) and if I switch to Optane with RST, then the system would have a BSOD (That is what you are having now,[Blue Screen Of Death = BSOD]). Now If I switch back to Optane with RST, and Install windows, and then switch to AHCI, I would get BSOD.

Solution (I guess):
    If I am guessing right, I guess that you have the same issue as I am having. Now I would suggest you to go the BIOS, then switch to OPTANE with RST and then Install you windows on that mode. This would solve the problem. Now if you switched to the Optane mode and tried to install windows and can't see your harddisk on the setup or the BIOS, don't panic. Just follow me.... You are in the harddisk selection page of the setup. You can't see the HDD. Now cancel the install and then go to the BIOS. Now go to the last section of the top navigation bar and then "exit saving changes". Then boot to the setup and follow the procedure, I am sure that you'll find your HDD listed. Now in Optane with RST mode, you shouldn't be able to see your 16GB Optane Module (somewhere near 13GB is the actual size). If you see it. Then go to the BIOS, switch to the AHCI, come to the setup HDD selection page, and make sure Optane Drive is listed. Exit the setup, go to the BIOS and change to Optane with RST, go to the Setup HDD selection page, see if the optane is not listed, if the HDD is gone then repeat what I told you earlier about no HDD in the setup HDD selection page. So I guess this will solve your problem. If not, then maybe message me on sreyas.codaw@gmail.com....
  • I believe reinstalling windows would not be necessary.
    a) First uninstall the IRST program:
    Resultado de imagem para IRST UNINSTALL
    b) Then enable safe boot and restart the notebook.

c) Then go to the bios and select rst with optane mode:
    Resultado de imagem para RST WITH OPTANE BIOS
    d) Save on leaving. Windows will enter safe mode and install the chipset drivers.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • killua23

Tinkerer

I believe reinstalling windows would not be necessary.
    a) First uninstall the IRST program:
    Resultado de imagem para IRST UNINSTALL
    b) Then enable safe boot and restart the notebook.

c) Then go to the bios and select rst with optane mode:
    Resultado de imagem para RST WITH OPTANE BIOS
    d) Save on leaving. Windows will enter safe mode and install the chipset drivers.
    i tried this and when i i enabled safe boot and restarted.entered bios and change ahci to rst with optane.it doenst enter into safe mode.it shows as in image and using advanced options and startup settings, i tried entering into safe mode but when it reboota to enter into sate mode, it shows same as in image again.
  • killua23

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    killua23 said:
    well, i found the solution. nothing complicated. while making windows bootable disk copy a optane driver in this link according to your device https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000026040/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html and it looks like f6flpy-x64.zip file and when you boot your device in rst with optane mode, if disk are missing click load driver and select the driver you copied in the usb and it may take some time but disks are recognized and install the windows asusual. thank you @egydiocoelho and @Sreyas for your support when i needed it. sorry if u have any confusion in my solution. feel free to ask.

• Great my friend! However, have you ever checked if optane memory is active on IRST?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• killua23

Tinkerer

Great my friend! However, have you ever checked if optane memory is active on IRST?
    yep! it's active and if not, we will know the difference by device performance. All good now. Thanks again for the support.
  • Hanthas
    Hanthas Member Posts: 1 New User
    killua23 said:
    killua23 said:

I'm having a similar issue, the difference is this only happens when I turn on the notebook for the first time of the day. After that my notebook restarts and load the os prope. I don't know how to fix this problem, can anyone help me with that?