Why does the upper right ( beside the hinge) of my laptop's base closure coming undone?

shishirineee
shishirineee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have been taking care of my laptop since its an essential part of my studies, but today I noticed my Acer Swift 3's (base enclosure near the hinge is coming off, I don't know if this is caused by a problem in the hinge. I want to know if this can still be covered by the warranty (still have more than a year left), my laptop has never been dropped or used heavily since I'm only using it for encoding school stuff. I'm worried because this might be a hinge problem just like how some of the questions I saw here, I just bought my laptop so I hope my money won't go to waste. Its disturbing to hear that this might be a manufacturer's defect. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>I want to know if this can still be covered by the warranty (still have more than a year left), >>>

The hinge is one of the most stressed components of any clamshell device without a ruggedized metal frame from wear and tear of opening/closing the lid too much. Thus you must contact and check with your regional service center at this link to find out. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/support

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ