What is going on? aspire R5-571T-57Z0

Options
realbounty
realbounty Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an aspire R5-571T-57Z0 with the power light steady blinking about every 4 seconds. Will not power on. Any ideas?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Probably in standby mode. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds or until blinking stops and laptop is completely off. Then try to turn it back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    Was having trouble with comp staying on. Would only stay on for about 2 minutes and shut off. Opened it and cleaned the fan and replaced heat sink paste. Now it will not power up at all. When I reset the battery and plug in power supply the fan starts and runs for about 5 minutes but nothing past that. after about 5 minutes the power light starts steady flashing about every 4 seconds until I remove the power supply.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> Was having trouble with comp staying on.>>>

Did this originally happen suddenly and unexpectedly for no apparent reason? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    Just started suddenly>
  • JackE
    Options
    Have you tried starting it plugged in with the battery disconnected? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes I have tried all the normal routines. I an leaning toward a bad motherboard.
  • JackE
    Options
    />>>power light steady blinking about every 4 seconds.>>>

What do you mean 'steady  blinking'/4? One blink/4s? Two quick blinks/4s?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    It continues to blink about every 4 seconds continuously. blink....blink....blink...ect.
  • JackE
    Options
    Do you recall if the machine has 4GB RAM? Or was more added at any time? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    4 onboard and 4 removable. I have replaced the removable with known good ram.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Disconnect or remove the HDD/SSD and then try to access the BIOS by tapping F2 at the Acer logo.

If it won't power on, then try the internal battery reset procedure and then try to power on again with HDD/SSD removed/disconnected.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    JordanB No power means no screen. I have tried removing all connections one at a time. no help. I am thinking at this point that it has a bad motherboard.
  • JackE
    Options
    Have you tried it with the RAM slot empty? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE Yes I have with the same results.

• JackE
    Options
    Strip the mainboard of all removable electronic & plastic parts. Then place it on an aluminum foil cookie sheet. Bake it for 15 minutes in a toaster oven preheated to between 425*-450*F.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    I have done it all now to no avail.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry. Google the part nos for vendors of new or refurbished I5 replacement mainboards NB.GCC11.001 & NB.GCF11.001. Price may not be practical. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    Got another motherboard and the power light is not even coming on. I hate this computer.
  • JackE
    Options
    Which mainboard part no did you get? If it's one of the I5 boards I  listed earlier, don't mess with it. Quickly return it to the vendor as defective for a refund before the vendor's return policy period expires. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• realbounty

Tinkerer

Options
    NB.GCC11.001