Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Put laptop to sleep and wake it up.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi sri369
    The dedicated GPU is not being used all the time. It only shows values when it is being used. So, there is no problem, just that is how it works.

You can force the GTX 1060 to run all the time, but it will consume a lot of battery life when unplugged.

You can try to disable the Windows 10 file 'hiberfil.sys' when it becomes active again, the Predator Sense should work perfect.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi sri369
    The dedicated GPU is not being used all the time. It only shows values when it is being used. So, there is no problem, just that is how it works.
    I know what you mean... but... the PS app has a well known bug that sometimes does not make it see GPU after a restart. Putting laptop to sleep and waking it up resolves it.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I had some weird problem with my nvidia GPU utilization with steam using my nvidia gpu instead of my intel graphics on my new helios 300 2019.

here is what I did to solve it. Before you begin make sure you create a restore point google it for how to.

1. download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
    2. download the latest nvidia driver I choose the studio version
    3. disconnect you internet so that windows don't try to install the driver automatically.
    4. boot into safemode and run ddu and uninstall the nvdia driver.
    5. boot back normally and install the nvidia driver. make sure you select clean install option

it should now work normally with steam using the intel graphics and only when you launch game it will use the nvdia gpu.

if you want you can also re install the intel graphics driver

hope this helps.

Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!