My Acer Spin 3 SP315-51 will not go to tablet mode when flipping screen after win 10 reinstall

TheNut
TheNut Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I had to do a full re-install because of a crashed hard drive.  Installed Windows 10 from microsoft directly.  Got drivers re-installed.  Found and installed Acer Care Center.

I cannot get the laptop to switch to tablet mode when flipping the screen to the back side in convertible mode.

Is there a driver that I need to install or a setting that needs to be turned on.   I do not see any setting in the Settings->System->Tablet Mode section that helped.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    >>>I had to do a full re-install because of a crashed hard drive.  Installed Windows 10 from microsoft directly.  >>>

Sorry the Microsoft generic Win10 system files may not be the same as the ACER specific Win10 system files. If you didn't make an ACER recovery stick ---  AND if all the downloaded ACER device drivers failed to correct the Microsoft generic Win10 version, then you'll probably have to order the ACER specific Win10 version on a stick from this site https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/   about $50.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ