New Predator has BSOD

Options
LuDog93
LuDog93 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I purchased a new Predator Helios 300 (more specifially Predator PH317-53) and I keep getting the BSOD in the middle of a game. It's come up with multiple different errors as to why and I've tried to solve each one to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? I have Windows 10 upgraded to 1903 and most current NVIDIA Geforce Driver update v.436.30. I've checked and all my other drivers in place are also up to date.

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Unless you mention the error code, it would be hard to even try suggesting what might have gone wrong.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • LuDog93
    LuDog93 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    sri369 said:
    Unless you mention the error code, it would be hard to even try suggesting what might have gone wrong.
    Sorry, some of the errors that's come up
    -"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
    -"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"
    that's all that I could remember from what I was able to take pictures of in time.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    LuDog93 said:
    Sorry, some of the errors that's come up
    -"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
    -"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"
    that's all that I could remember from what I was able to take pictures of in time.
    These two pertain to bad drivers!
    Check your windows update options and disable "auto updating of drivers and BIOS". These two are at the epicenter of most issues. Looks like you have a bunch of bad drivers installed.
    Try downloading all drivers from Acer site for your laptop, esp the system drivers and such. Install them over existing ones.
    See how this goes. Note down any issues if they still occur.

If the above does not work, you could try the below.

Back up all your data.
    Revert your laptop to original state, either as a restore to restore point or reset to factory settings.
    Or install a clean windows and install drivers from Acer site.
    Update windows update not to include driver and bios updates.
    The only drivers you might want to update time to time would be display drivers - these too can be deferred to once or twice a year.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2019
    Options
    you can also try updating your drivers:
    before you begin make sure you create a restore point (search yourtube for how to)

for killer network download its uninstaller & its driver from its official web site.

for nvidia and intel graphics. download DDU (google Display Driver Uninstaller) then download nvidia and intel drivers from their web site.

to uninstall first disconnect your internet then go into safe mode uninstall all drivers boot back to normal to install the drivers for all the device I mention above. preferably do it for one device at a time.

I did this to my newly purchase helios 300 2019 and so far has been rock stable when playing games like pubg doom cuphead etc.
    hope this helps.

Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!