Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Predator Helios 300 running low FPS on Overwatch

luca2fishluca2fish Posts: 5Member New User
Hi, I just recently got the 2019 Helios 300, and I am having trouble running overwatch. The reviews online all benchmark the game running medium at 150+fps, but I am running it at 90 FPS. I have redownloaded, updated drivers, reset the whole computer, yet nothing seems to be working. I have no idea what is causing this. Even if the game was running on high, I should still be getting over 100 FPS. Any help?

Best Answer

  • luca2fishluca2fish Posts: 5 New User
    Accepted Answer
    JERKje said:
    Hi luca2fish,

    Was the laptop connected to AC supply when you were playing? Maybe try using turbo mode and decreasing the amount of background processes, hope it helps.

    Cheers!
    It was, and turbo mode was on. But I fixed it by going to Nvidia Control Center>3d Settings>power options>prefer max power. Thanks for your reply!

FAQ & Answers

  • JERKjeJERKje Posts: 4Member New User
    Hi luca2fish,

    Was the laptop connected to AC supply when you were playing? Maybe try using turbo mode and decreasing the amount of background processes, hope it helps.

    Cheers!
  • Wolver1neWolver1ne Posts: 13Member

    Tinkerer

    luca2fish said:
    Hi, I just recently got the 2019 Helios 300, and I am having trouble running overwatch. The reviews online all benchmark the game running medium at 150+fps, but I am running it at 90 FPS. I have redownloaded, updated drivers, reset the whole computer, yet nothing seems to be working. I have no idea what is causing this. Even if the game was running on high, I should still be getting over 100 FPS. Any help?
    Bruh
    go to the settings and put resolution scaling to 100% :)
  • luca2fishluca2fish Posts: 5Member New User
    Accepted Answer
    JERKje said:
    Hi luca2fish,

    Was the laptop connected to AC supply when you were playing? Maybe try using turbo mode and decreasing the amount of background processes, hope it helps.

    Cheers!
    It was, and turbo mode was on. But I fixed it by going to Nvidia Control Center>3d Settings>power options>prefer max power. Thanks for your reply!
  • luca2fishluca2fish Posts: 5Member New User
    Wolver1ne said:
    luca2fish said:
    Hi, I just recently got the 2019 Helios 300, and I am having trouble running overwatch. The reviews online all benchmark the game running medium at 150+fps, but I am running it at 90 FPS. I have redownloaded, updated drivers, reset the whole computer, yet nothing seems to be working. I have no idea what is causing this. Even if the game was running on high, I should still be getting over 100 FPS. Any help?
    Bruh
    go to the settings and put resolution scaling to 100% :)
    Resolution scaling was at 100%. But I fixed it by going to the Nvidia Control Center>3D settings>prefer max power. Getting 200+ Fps now.
  • aceerfanaceerfan Posts: 43Member Devotee
    glad you solved i
    luca2fish said:
    Wolver1ne said:
    luca2fish said:
    Hi, I just recently got the 2019 Helios 300, and I am having trouble running overwatch. The reviews online all benchmark the game running medium at 150+fps, but I am running it at 90 FPS. I have redownloaded, updated drivers, reset the whole computer, yet nothing seems to be working. I have no idea what is causing this. Even if the game was running on high, I should still be getting over 100 FPS. Any help?
    Bruh
    go to the settings and put resolution scaling to 100% :)
    Resolution scaling was at 100%. But I fixed it by going to the Nvidia Control Center>3D settings>prefer max power. Getting 200+ Fps now.
    Glad you solved it bro and thanks for the solution!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online75

Deathblade
Deathblade
Hodir
Hodir
sri369
sri369
+72 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

We would like to feature andylb as a destacated member in the Acer Community. With his dedication and support efforts, andylb has become a Valued Contributor . On behalf of the Acer Community team and all our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1034

Total Points:2627

Total Accepted Answers: 127

andylb Valued Contributor
Intel Extreme KAtowise 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.