How do I recover functionality for the tochpad on my A515-54-30BQ?

CDANL19
CDANL19 Member Posts: 3 New User
No cursor and no cursor control; no scrolling; no right or left click -- nothing!  The HID-compliant driver is generic Microsoft.  I uninstalled it and restarted the computer.  The same driver reloaded, but touchpad did not recover.  Acer lists two drivers (Elantech and Synaptic) available for download; how do I know whether either/both/or neither are right for my touchpad?

Best Answers

• CDANL19
    Answer ✓
    SOLVED!  Thank you for the suggestion.  I've not been able to get F2 to activate during the opening logo, so I've not yet viewed the BIOS settings.  What I have discovered is that the Function+F7 toggle which was suggested elsewhere and had no effect -- was not the correct choice for my model, which responds to F7 alone.  I hit it alone, by accident, and my touchpad is restored. 
  • VinuVPMV
    VinuVPMV Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    sorry for late comment F7 is a an quick option to toggle touchpad on and off

Did this answer your question?  Please leave a "Like" and choose "yes" if i did. 
    If you need more help from dont forget to add me in your concern using "@VinuVPMV" without quotes.

Thanks for your valuable time, Enjoy the Acer family.

My device : Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43
    My ex-device : Acer Aspire 5 A315-53

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab and check whether the Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is, switch to Advanced and see whether it helps.

• CDANL19
    Answer ✓
    SOLVED!  Thank you for the suggestion.  I've not been able to get F2 to activate during the opening logo, so I've not yet viewed the BIOS settings.  What I have discovered is that the Function+F7 toggle which was suggested elsewhere and had no effect -- was not the correct choice for my model, which responds to F7 alone.  I hit it alone, by accident, and my touchpad is restored. 
  • VinuVPMV
    Answer ✓

Did this answer your question?  Please leave a "Like" and choose "yes" if i did. 
    If you need more help from dont forget to add me in your concern using "@VinuVPMV" without quotes.

• feliXomega
    feliXomega Member Posts: 1 New User
    VinuVPMV said:

I have had this track pad problem for a year now - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Your F7 fix resolved the whole thing. 🙌🏻 Thank you. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣
  • VinuVPMV
    VinuVPMV said:

I have had this track pad problem for a year now - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Your F7 fix resolved the whole thing. 🙌🏻 Thank you. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣
    Always happy to help :3