HDD bracket and FFC cable missing? (Acer Aspire A515-52-59UF)

Options
Dizzzy
Dizzzy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2019 in Aspire Laptops
Hello!

I bought a NX.H54ED.013 (Acer Aspire A515-52-59UF) and according to the seller I should have been able to install a second 2.5" hdd into the laptop.

It arrived today and when popping off the back, I saw the space for the hard drive but no mounting bracket or cable was present. It's quite important that I get this second harddrive usable with the PC, so it kind of sucks for my part.

Are there any way to get these missing parts online? Where can I buy them if so? I live in Norway and would prefer to have the parts arrive as fast as possible.

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,082 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Dizzzy,
    Here are the Acer part numbers:
    50.H14N2.003 - HDD CABLE
    33.H14N2.002 - HDD BRACKET
    86.VCBN2.002 - SCREW M2x4 (qty:4 - to fix bracket/body)
    86.MXRN2.008 - SCREW M3x3 (qty:4 - to fix bracket/HDD)
    You should be able to buy these parts from this reseller. You can also find an HDD kit from this one.
    France

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi Dizzzy

You Can Contact Acer Support:- https://www.acer.com/ac/no/NO/content/support 
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,082 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Dizzzy,
    Here are the Acer part numbers:
    50.H14N2.003 - HDD CABLE
    33.H14N2.002 - HDD BRACKET
    86.VCBN2.002 - SCREW M2x4 (qty:4 - to fix bracket/body)
    86.MXRN2.008 - SCREW M3x3 (qty:4 - to fix bracket/HDD)
    You should be able to buy these parts from this reseller. You can also find an HDD kit from this one.
    France
  • VinuVPMV
    VinuVPMV Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Dizzzy i think you are missing a sata cable in your HDD/SSD storage space to connect new storage even if you have the brackets for. If this is the issue, i suggest you to go to nearby service center and ask thhe technician to take the sata cable to the storage space. Otherwise you have to open entire back body cover of laptop to take the sata cable outside which will cause you warranty trouble in future.
    By the way get HDD bracket and cable from amazon or flipkart and go to service centre.
    Did this answer your question?  Please leave a "Like" and choose "yes" if i did. 
    If you need more help from dont forget to add me in your concern using "@VinuVPMV" without quotes.

Thanks for your valuable time, Enjoy the Acer family.

My device : Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43
    My ex-device : Acer Aspire 5 A315-53

• Dizzzy
    Dizzzy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello again!
    Do excuse the late reply everyone.

@TECH_MAN
    Thanks for the direct link to support! Hopefully I can reach them early Monday morning and possibly get ahold of the missing parts. :+1:

@laurent_14
    Absolutely fantastic! That information will definitely help me further when I contact support on Monday!

@VinuVPMV
    Norway fortunately has a strong right-to-repair movement where the courts and national consumer protection service have effectively banned the use of "Warranty void if removed" stickers and the likes, and gotten it written into our laws. :)

Popping off the back was as simply as unscrewing about 16 screws along the edges and it fell right off. Thanks for the amazing tip of Amazon or flipkart though! If I can't get anywhere with support, I'll definitely try my luck there!

Thanks again everyone for the replies and feedback. You're an amazing community!
  • VinuVPMV
    VinuVPMV Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi
    Dizzzy said:
    Hello again!
    Do excuse the late reply everyone.

@VinuVPMV
    Norway fortunately has a strong right-to-repair movement where the courts and national consumer protection service have effectively banned the use of "Warranty void if removed" stickers and the likes, and gotten it written into our laws. :)

Thanks for the reply, i am from india. That small sticker decides the warranty of the product in india :p
    sorry if i misguided you. Happy to know you successfully upgraded you laptop.

Once again thanks. feel free to discuss if you have any doubt, one or other will be there to help you always.
    take care.

Please accept someones answer and close the issue as solved
    Did this answer your question?  Please leave a "Like" and choose "yes" if i did. 
    If you need more help from dont forget to add me in your concern using "@VinuVPMV" without quotes.

Thanks for your valuable time, Enjoy the Acer family.

My device : Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43
    My ex-device : Acer Aspire 5 A315-53

• STR_5244764
    STR_5244764 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Is there any video with the installation of these parts?