Acer nitro 5 an515-41 black screen and white curser after restart

Exeq
Exeq Member Posts: 4 New User
I was running the bios update for the latest bios, was not watching my computer closely when it restarted (had the updating windows and percentage), and when it started back up to a black screen with a white curser. Not sure on what to do to fix this.

Best Answer

• Exeq
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    andylb said:
    How long for? 
    If it doesn't resolve after leaving it all day or all night then unplug from AC, hold down the power button for 15 seconds to force power off. Put a straightened paperclip in the small hole on the underside of the laptop and press for 10 seconds then do nothing for 15 minutes, after 15 mins plug back into the ac and bootup
    The paperclip did not work. I had it on for almost 24 hours. I did end of fixing the problem by disconnecting the cmos battery and the main battery and holding down the power button for a minute or more.

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    How long for? 
    If it doesn't resolve after leaving it all day or all night then unplug from AC, hold down the power button for 15 seconds to force power off. Put a straightened paperclip in the small hole on the underside of the laptop and press for 10 seconds then do nothing for 15 minutes, after 15 mins plug back into the ac and bootup

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• GLM
    GLM Member Posts: 52 Troubleshooter
    Just wait for it.Sometimes i takes time .

• Exeq
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    andylb said:
    How long for? 
    The paperclip did not work. I had it on for almost 24 hours. I did end of fixing the problem by disconnecting the cmos battery and the main battery and holding down the power button for a minute or more.

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Cool glad it out worked, often just resetting or disconnecting either battery fixes the problem, CMOS was next on my list 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Exeq
    andylb said:
    Cool glad it out worked, often just resetting or disconnecting either battery fixes the problem, CMOS was next on my list 
    Yeah, when it happened I was in a panic and thought I permanently bricked it. After I slept and googled suggestions and seen the battery trick, and thought it wont hurt.
  • Diogo378383
    Diogo378383 Member Posts: 2 New User
    please help me, I have the same problem and I don't understand the solution, I don't know what else to do
  • Exeq
    edited May 2022
    please help me, I have the same problem and I don't understand the solution, I don't know what else to do
    Make sure the laptop is off and not connected to the any power source. You need to take the bottom of the laptop off and there should e a coin shaped battery and a big square battery. Both should be able to disconnect from the motherboard. Then hold the power button down for a minute or so. Then reconnect the batteries and see if that works.

• Diogo378383
    Diogo378383 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Exeq said:
    Make sure the laptop is off and not connected to the any power source. You need to take the bottom of the laptop off and there should e a coin shaped battery and a big square battery. Both should be able to disconnect from the motherboard. Then hold the power button down for a minute or so. Then reconnect the batteries and see if that works.

Thank you very much indeed.  I solved the problem in another way.  I unplugged the notebook from the power supply and held the button for about a minute and then the bios returned to normal.  But it's good to know your shape too.  Thanks for the help 🇧🇷