Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer nitro 5 an515-41 black screen and white curser after restart

ExeqExeq Posts: 3Member New User
I was running the bios update for the latest bios, was not watching my computer closely when it restarted (had the updating windows and percentage), and when it started back up to a black screen with a white curser. Not sure on what to do to fix this.

Best Answer

• ExeqExeq Posts: 3 New User
    edited September 13 Accepted Answer
    andylb said:
    How long for? 
    If it doesn't resolve after leaving it all day or all night then unplug from AC, hold down the power button for 15 seconds to force power off. Put a straightened paperclip in the small hole on the underside of the laptop and press for 10 seconds then do nothing for 15 minutes, after 15 mins plug back into the ac and bootup
    The paperclip did not work. I had it on for almost 24 hours. I did end of fixing the problem by disconnecting the cmos battery and the main battery and holding down the power button for a minute or more.

FAQ & Answers

• andylbandylb Posts: 1,034Member Valued Contributor
    edited September 13
    How long for? 
    If it doesn't resolve after leaving it all day or all night then unplug from AC, hold down the power button for 15 seconds to force power off. Put a straightened paperclip in the small hole on the underside of the laptop and press for 10 seconds then do nothing for 15 minutes, after 15 mins plug back into the ac and bootup

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

• GLMGLM Posts: 44Member Troubleshooter
    Just wait for it.Sometimes i takes time .

• ExeqExeq Posts: 3Member New User
    edited September 13 Accepted Answer
    andylb said:
    How long for? 
    The paperclip did not work. I had it on for almost 24 hours. I did end of fixing the problem by disconnecting the cmos battery and the main battery and holding down the power button for a minute or more.

• andylbandylb Posts: 1,034Member Valued Contributor
    Cool glad it out worked, often just resetting or disconnecting either battery fixes the problem, CMOS was next on my list 

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

• ExeqExeq Posts: 3Member New User
    andylb said:
    Cool glad it out worked, often just resetting or disconnecting either battery fixes the problem, CMOS was next on my list 
    Yeah, when it happened I was in a panic and thought I permanently bricked it. After I slept and googled suggestions and seen the battery trick, and thought it wont hurt.