Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Is it safe to force enable freesync on acer nitro 5 amd?

EpicMayoEpicMayo Posts: 9Member New User
My acer nitro 5 amd settings tells me that freesync is not available or not supported to my laptop. I've been seeing some tutorial to enable it using some tools.

I've been seeing people using CRU something tool to do that. They set the range of hz to 35 - 70 something around that. They said that is it safe, but I'm skeptical about it.

My question is, is it safe to do that? Does acer nitro 5's screen can support this? Would it brick my screen easily if I do that? Thanks for the anwers really appreciated it

FAQ & Answers

• andylbandylb Posts: 1,259Member Overclocked Contributor
    It is AMD that say they don't support Freesinc on Nitro 5's. Force installing any program that is not officially supported is done at your own risk and may invalidate your warranty or worse brick your computer.

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

• EpicMayoEpicMayo Posts: 9Member New User
    andylb said:
    It is AMD that say they don't support Freesinc on Nitro 5's. Force installing any program that is not officially supported is done at your own risk and may invalidate your warranty or worse brick your computer.
    Thanks for an informative reply!
  • andylbandylb Posts: 1,259Member Overclocked Contributor
    edited September 10
    EpicMayo said:
    andylb said:
    Thanks for an informative reply!

There have been a lot of topics on this forum started by people who have bricked computers due to force installing unsupported programs. I know it wasn't the answer you wanted but it is the correct answer, sorry. If I have answered your question please click YES, thankyou

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)