Nitrosense causing weird fluctuations in CPU temp...?

Ninjakitty844
Ninjakitty844 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
I've been using Nitrosense to monitor cpu and gpu temp, but only recently it's been showing all these weird fluctuations specifically in cpu temp. I got HWiNFO which can also tell me cpu temp and I've  noticed HWiNFO shows huge spikes in cpu temperature and fluctuations any time Nitrosense is open; but when it's not, the cpu temp shows a mostly nice curve unlike Nitrosense. Why am I suddenly getting these fluctuations in temperature with Nitrosense?

Also, another related question, is 90-95 degrees celsius cpu temp a normal/safe temperature to have when gaming with a Nitro5? Does this cause a lot of thermal throttling?

Best Answer

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,495 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

comparing two software that work with different algorithms, it is not an objective comparison, each one works differently, this does not mean that it does not show the same or similar temperature.

On the other hand I do not think that a better software works than the factory preinstalled that is nitrosense, the temperatures shown are normal, what you should take precaution is in the prolonged time playing.

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.

Answers

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,495 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

comparing two software that work with different algorithms, it is not an objective comparison, each one works differently, this does not mean that it does not show the same or similar temperature.

On the other hand I do not think that a better software works than the factory preinstalled that is nitrosense, the temperatures shown are normal, what you should take precaution is in the prolonged time playing.

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • Ninjakitty844
    I'd like to clarify though that the fluctuations Nitrosense show every second it's running can be seen in HWiNFO too, but only when Nitrosense is also running.The fan also runs at higher speeds when Nitrosense is opened. I find this kinda odd, but I guess it's not like it's computer breaking or anything
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Ninjakitty844 !

You should first enter the EXACT model of your laptop for a more detailed analysis.
    What model of your Nitro 5?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Ninjakitty844
    Model is AN515-54-51M5
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    My suggestion is to uninstall Nitrosense Services in Control Panel/uninstall program. then download Nitrosense from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7964?b=1 and reinstall

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Ninjakitty844
    I haven't noticed any difference
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    I haven't noticed any difference

It was worth a try. I also just helped with a similar case, run DDU for a clean uninstall of your Nvidia drivers and download and install the latest drivers from here
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Ninjakitty844
    I think it's the same, hard to tell
  • Ayush01
    Ayush01 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I think it's the same, hard to tell
    Hey.....I have the same laptop, and now I am also facing the same issue. Did you find any solution for it?