Acer Aspire VN7-592G-77HU - Help me connect broken screen to tv via hdmi

StevenMcLaren
StevenMcLaren Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
Im new here and this question might seem repeated but I cant find the right answer for my case.

Somewhere on my way back home my backpack took a hit and the screen broke.
At first i could see half the screen so I know the laptop still runs fine.
Thing is, now the screen is entirely broken, I mean I can only see bright changing colors and lines...

At home I have 2 tvs with hdmi input but I cant connect the laptop to any of them.
Here is what I have been doing:
Connect the hdmi cable to the Tv and laptop (tried both on/off, switching every combination)
Open and turn on the laptop, as I cant see anything I just leave there idling.
Turn on tv and select the proper hdmi entrance.
On laptop, I press Fn+F5 but nothing happens.

Sometimes I can see partial letters on the screen so Ive made it past the login screen and pressed Fn+F5 while on desktop but nothing happens...

Am I missing something? Is there another way to connect them? Shortcut?
Or maybe you can tell me what to press in order like: "on desktop press windows key, press 5 times "up", now press alt, now press..."

The laptop is an Acer Aspire VN7-592G-77HU
Windows 10
Both tvs are AOC with working hdmi entrances

I really need help because I use it for work and I would be very happy to solve this fast (as I gather money for a new screen)
Thanks for reading!

Answers

• bgeke
    bgeke Member Posts: 7 New User
    edited September 2019
    On Windows laptop, I usually use Windows key+P. It's same like Acer's F5, but Win+P will work in all PCs because Fn keys may differ and we also need to know whether Fn key or media Key is currently active. 

So when I press Win Key + P twice, it shows Duplicate. that's Contents will be shown on PC screen and same will be on Second screen.

1. Press Win and hold and press P and release only P.
    2. Again press P (if you released the Win key. You can Press Win and hold and press P). But ensure correct HDMI is selected as Input on the TV.
  • robertvadra49
    robertvadra49 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Yes, this can be done as there are split-screen options in smart TVs & laptops these days. Just a buy a reliable HDMI cable from a trusted source & add another screen from your laptop to watch TV shows on a big Tv screen.  
  • robertvadra49

Tinkerer

bgeke said:
    On Windows laptop, I usually use Windows key+P. It's same like Acer's F5, but Win+P will work in all PCs because Fn keys may differ and we also need to know whether Fn key or media Key is currently active. 

So when I press Win Key + P twice, it shows Duplicate. that's Contents will be shown on PC screen and same will be on Second screen.

2. Again press P (if you released the Win key. You can Press Win and hold and press P). But ensure correct HDMI is selected as Input on the TV.
    Now i get it.  Duplicate screen can do this i guess. 
  • robertvadra49

Tinkerer

bgeke said:

Now i get it.  Duplicate screen can do this i guess. 
  • StevenMcLaren
    StevenMcLaren Member Posts: 2 New User
    Still can´t solve this.
    Im using another laptop that I can succesfully connect to hdmi so faulty cables or tvs are out of the question here.

I´ve tried both pressing "fn+f5" and "win+p" and for both options I can see a dialog box illuminating the right side of the screen but nothing happens, and it doesnt matter if I hit them one or two times.
    Ive tried moving with the arrow keys to select between "extend", "duplicate" and others but after more than 10 attemps I think there might be something wrong with the HDMI output...

Still cant connect it to tv through hdmi.