Switch SA5-27p wireless network stopped working.

GGQ
GGQ Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently had the motherboard replaced under warranty on my SA5-27P due a failure of the USBC port. I just got it back and after two or three days, I was streaming some music and it suddenly stopped. While investigating the issue I noticed there were no wireless network detected and, in fact, the wireless adapter does not even show up in the "Network and Internet Settings" from windows, nor the device manager.

I tried re-starting the computer, download and install the wireless LAN drivers, but the wireless adapter is not shown on the equipment. I am still waiting to try draining the battery completely and re-start the computer to see if the wireless antena is discovered again. 

Does anyone have any idea for something else to try? if not, I may need to just ask for a warranty replacement of the whole unit. 

Thanks. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    I wonder if they didn't quite get the WiFi card reseated correctly when they were in there...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GGQ
    That sounds like a plausible explanation, billsey. Unfortunately, if I try to open it to check, I would void the warranty and if I send it again, I am going to be without my computer for another two weeks just to check if the wireless card is completely pushed into the slot, which would make about two straight months without it on warranty evaluations. 

I guess the only thing that does not suck when it is broken is a vacuum cleaner. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    So true... Though I believe your warranty is only voided if you open it and break something during the process. They won't cover user caused issues but will still cover manufacturer caused issues. You can be sure to leave the warranty intact by purchasing a USB dongle type WiFi adapter, the expense is likely to be less of a hassle that sending it back again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GGQ
    Well, that same day, my computer went to sleep and I have not been able to restart it since. If disconnected, the USB ports are not powered and the led on the power button is off. If connected, then it is powered and the let is lit. I tried waiting for the battery to drain and do a hard restart but after all this time, either the battery still has charge or the damage is beyond that. 

I even tried power + volume down with and without 110 VAC with no (good) results. 

Since I have already sent the unit two times for warranty repairs, I will be asking for a replacement. I was just hoping to be able to do a factory reset before doing so.