Acer Swift 3 Model SF315-51G.....Power connector problem....keeps connecting and disconnecting

kdx2020
kdx2020 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a Swift 3....SF315-51G....Power connection on left side seems to be loose....Almost ever since I got it 14 months ago it would disconnect sometimes and reconnect when moving the laptop....it beeps every time it reconnects...I lived with  it because I need the laptop for business....Just noticed that I had it plugged in and it wasn't charging...Finally kept unplugging and plugging it in until it is now charging...It seems like it is near the point of failure....Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it?...I have a 2 year warranty from Costco but don't really want to have to send it unless absolutely necessary.....Any ideas?....Thanks in advance....Greg

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @kdx2020
    Just give a try it might work, if not than the problem is surely with the connector on the laptop.
    If the connector on the laptop is the problem than send it to Acer service center for fix.
    Click the below link to contact Acer.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    @kdx2020
    Did you try using a new charger and check?

• kdx2020

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @kdx2020
    Did you try using a new charger and check?

I haven't tried a new charger because it appears that the charger is working fine....it seems like the connection point in the laptop may be faulty..I can have it sitting on my lap and when I move the computer a little it will disconnect....trying to see if there is something I can do besides sending it in....Are you saying that another charger might make a better connection inside the laptop?
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @kdx2020
    Just give a try it might work, if not than the problem is surely with the connector on the laptop.
    If the connector on the laptop is the problem than send it to Acer service center for fix.

• kdx2020

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @kdx2020

Yep...it was the power cord....would have never thought that was it
  • JEM1965
    JEM1965 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same problem.  The connection just keeps getting looser and looser and more difficult to find a sweet spot for charge.  Very disappointed in this unit overall.  Ordered a new adaptor cord and hope it fixes it.  Really don't want to send it in for service.