Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop - PH315-52-72EV Problems

Beirizgude
Beirizgude Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have the PH315-52-72EV. I have had a lot of back lighting issues with it. It's really sad to be honest. Owner for a month and a few days.

1.The turbo button light quit working.
2. The touchpad outer light ring quit working.
3. The two vertical led lights on the top of the lid quit working. The two that are on both sides of the lighted predator logo to be more specific. 

This is uncalled for. Even Acer's phone support is horrible. Two times I was placed on hold and no one ever came back to the phone. The phone connection was still good and running after more that 10 minutes of holding for nothing. The second person told me that they didnt know what i was talking about when i mentioned the lights on the lid of it with the laptop closed. They told me to try their online chat support...lol. Acer has some winner technicians for phone support.

This machine even had stability issues and would not play the game Control without freezing up. Everything on highest setting and kept freezing and even wireless game controller would lose connection. No one was of any help that I spoke to over the phone. All just said to send it in. No one even tried to help. That is extremely poor service.

Honestly, Acer support is the worst I have ever dealt with. I even asked them to refund me the unit and they declined. I then asked for a new replacement unit, but they still declined. 

So I have a new laptop being sent back that I paid good money for to already be repaired in several different areas. 

I am so less than impressed....

Answers

• BDOViper
    BDOViper Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just got the Helios 300. I didn't think the Turbo button, track pad, or the lines on the lid even lit up. They never have on mine at all.
  • Beirizgude
    BDOViper said:
    I just got the Helios 300. I didn't think the Turbo button, track pad, or the lines on the lid even lit up. They never have on mine at all.
    Haha...yes, they do. They did for about two weeks. I'm telling you man, quality control is horrible on these for the money spent. 
  • Beirizgude
    You can even look at all the photos that Acer posts that advertise the look of the unit and the features. When you press the turbo button, the light will illuminate. Well, it did a few times. The predator logo and the blue lines on the lid are supposed to illuminate at the same time. 
  • Beirizgude
    The light comes on. 
  • aceerfan
    aceerfan Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I have the PH315-52-72EV. I have had a lot of back lighting issues with it. It's really sad to be honest. Owner for a month and a few days.

1.The turbo button light quit working.
    2. The touchpad outer light ring quit working.
    3. The two vertical led lights on the top of the lid quit working. The two that are on both sides of the lighted predator logo to be more specific. 

This is uncalled for. Even Acer's phone support is horrible. Two times I was placed on hold and no one ever came back to the phone. The phone connection was still good and running after more that 10 minutes of holding for nothing. The second person told me that they didnt know what i was talking about when i mentioned the lights on the lid of it with the laptop closed. They told me to try their online chat support...lol. Acer has some winner technicians for phone support.

This machine even had stability issues and would not play the game Control without freezing up. Everything on highest setting and kept freezing and even wireless game controller would lose connection. No one was of any help that I spoke to over the phone. All just said to send it in. No one even tried to help. That is extremely poor service.

Honestly, Acer support is the worst I have ever dealt with. I even asked them to refund me the unit and they declined. I then asked for a new replacement unit, but they still declined. 

So I have a new laptop being sent back that I paid good money for to already be repaired in several different areas. 

I am so less than impressed....

hmmm I also have the helios 300 2019 non of those of what you stated actually lights up.
    Tips 1: For gaming laptop make sure before you shut down especially after a heavy gaming session to let it cool down for at least 10min before you switch it off!

• belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited September 2019
    Lights  on turbo button works on triton not on helios
  • Scottyat5
    Scottyat5 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    My daughter getting the Predator 75DE model sometime next week March 2020. If don't work have 4 year Accident Plan from Asurion, LCC via Amazon.com. Going to run many Stress Tests and watch Thermals and CPU clock.  Before anything check the BIOS Settings, don't allow access to Internet as heard it may auto download updates. With any manufacturer be it Acer, Asus, HP, Dell, etc. they all have Pros and Cons plus some units are defective cause Quality Control/ Quality Assurance only check a certain Percentage and also depends on the employees attituded, knowledge experience and work ethics. So as I mention here, Quality along with Customer Support will vary depending on when and who is in the drivers seat. Many people just don't give a Hoot and only a few companies care. It's all about making money and you're just a number or a nobody. Work with the people inside and be patient and try not be angry, you might get positive results. Bottom line, who profits the most from helping you ?

• SpideRMaN
    SpideRMaN Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited February 2020
    I have 2 PH315-52-72EV, none of them have light on the turbo buttons, vertical strips at the back of the screen and on the touchpad. (never had)
  • Xeon_ANir
    Xeon_ANir Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have a PREDATOR: Today is my second day..

Predator PH315-52- 5484..
     just the LOGO on the lid light up.. not the two stripes beside it..
    Yes the entire keyboard lights up.. BUT not the TURBO switch..

There has been various variants with a little changes here and there.. I am happy with the performance that the RTX 2060 gives with i5..So no complains..
    ENjoy.. Cheers!!