Faint Audio Cracking and Popping in Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 Speakers

LouisF
LouisF Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2019 in Nitro Gaming
I recently purchased the acer nitro 5 laptop (AN515-54 model) and have noticed faint popping and crackling noises coming from the speakers every couple of seconds. The sounds occur during video playback and whenever audio is being played. I don't know what the issue could be? I've tried the most commonly suggested solutions, I've tried disabling audio enhancements, decreasing the audio quality, and reinstalling the realtek audio drivers but nothing seems to work! Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @LouisF
    You have tried most of the troubleshooting steps. Recently did you open your laptop to add or remove any hardware?
    But still you can try below steps and check
    1.power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the 
    small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    2.BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you 
    to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • LouisF
    LouisF Member Posts: 4 New User
    @Jack22 thx for quick response:) I haven’t opened or installed any new hardware in the laptop, and I was unable to locate the battery pinhole. I’m not sure if this model had it.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    LouisF said:
    @Jack22 thx for quick response:) I haven’t opened or installed any new hardware in the laptop, and I was unable to locate the battery pinhole. I’m not sure if this model had it.
    ok, if it does not have a pin hole than remove the charger turn off the unit and press and hold the power button for 40 sec and check.
    If still issue continue than i guess you need to send it in for service

• sahib123
    sahib123 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    did u solve ur problem
  • GimLock
    GimLock Member Posts: 3 New User

I had the same problem for my Nitro AN515-58 and I found that RealTek audio driver was the culprit.

I solved the problem by downloading an earlier version ( not the latest version ) from Acer and installed it.