Predator g3-710 Cooler Compatability

Latheryin
Latheryin Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I am looking to add a cooler to my Predator g3-710

I am thinking about the Cool Master MasterAir G100M. Anyone have any experience with this?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>Have you even tried this cooler>>>

Nope. No problems then no cooler --- even that one.   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Other than temperatures that may occasionally reach 90*+C under heavy load, what other problems are you having that you think this cooler may fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Latheryin

Tinkerer

Not a matter of fixing any problem really. Just wondering if have has used it and if so any issues due to clearance.  As the pc only came with the single fan on the cpu any added cooling will help with Temps. 
  • JackE
    >>>Not a matter of fixing any problem really. >>>

Cooler is not recommended. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Latheryin

Tinkerer

And why would that be? The cooling on this system is so bad it's not even funny. I even took it back because I thought it wasn't complete. Considering it only comes with a single fan.

So other then your opinion. Have you even tried this cooler. If not then please don't take offense if I wait (until it gets here anyway) for someone that had tried it. Or even upgraded this out of date pc.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Have you even tried this cooler>>>

Nope. No problems then no cooler --- even that one.   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Latheryin

Tinkerer

Oh it will run cooler. That part has already been shown. Just needed to make sure it clears the ram for now until I upgrade the mother board to something a bit more powerful.
  • Latheryin

Tinkerer

Ok Just to follow up. New Cool in. Had to remove the mother board to replace the bracket but it works well. It clears the ram and keeps the system a lot cooler under load.
  • Jackthejack
    Jackthejack Member Posts: 7 New User
    Hi, I have the same issue, I wanted to change into a better cooler, but the back bracket seems difficult to removed. Did you just force it out or what?
  • Latheryin

Tinkerer

Hi, I have the same issue, I wanted to change into a better cooler, but the back bracket seems difficult to removed. Did you just force it out or what?
    Yes
     it was a bit hard to get out but also I wouldn't advice doing with the motherboard still  in the  case.  Take it all out.
  • Jackthejack
    Latheryin said:
    Yes
     it was a bit hard to get out but also I wouldn't advice doing with the motherboard still  in the  case.  Take it all out.

OK, I am scared if things go wrong when I take out the whole thing!
    thank you
  • Latheryin

Tinkerer

Yeah don't be too scared. It's pretty simple. I, was  to as first due to the Wark motherboard construction and the terrible wiring.  But it wasn't too bad. Gonna be doing it again when I upgrade the system with a new case and board.
  • Jackthejack
    Latheryin said:
    Yeah don't be too scared. It's pretty simple. I, was  to as first due to the Wark motherboard construction and the terrible wiring.  But it wasn't too bad. Gonna be doing it again when I upgrade the system with a new case and board.

OK, I will try it later, thank you very much.
    The cooler I brought was Deepcool Gammxx 400 CPU air cooler, do you have any idea that this can be fit to the motherboard? Or only the one you upgraded to?

• Latheryin

Tinkerer

I can't say for sure as the biggest issue with be the ram clearing. This is causing me to buy a new mother board (also tons of missing connections, but that is due to it being a non standard mother board)

Just make sure that it's comparable with the 1151 chip set. Otherwise it won't fit.
  • Jackthejack
    Ok, Thank you very much, I will try different ones until its done.
  • Jackthejack
    It's done now. It works perfectly and proves 20-30 degrees when running PUBG. The back bracket was somehow glued into the back of the CPU, so I have to knife it out.
    Again thank you very much!!!
  • Latheryin

Tinkerer

It's done now. It works perfectly and proves 20-30 degrees when running PUBG. The back bracket was somehow glued into the back of the CPU, so I have to knife it out.

Glued? That is odd. It should not have been glued at all. But glad you got it worked out. Thinking about working on my today.  Need to replace the case. (this one has the worst airflow I have ever seen) even thinking about sending it to Gamers Nexus
  • Jackthejack
    Yes, the airflow is very bad, I have to leave it opened, thinking if I need a case fan maybe.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    A case fan is likely going to be a bunch better than leaving it pen. You really want to have an actual airflow pattern and that involves having the side case there. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Latheryin

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    A case fan is likely going to be a bunch better than leaving it pen. You really want to have an actual airflow pattern and that involves having the side case there. :)
    Do
     you own the case? There is almost no air flow and they only included the fan on the CPU. I added and extra one myself and even then I still have to keep the side panel off due to the too few holes it has for airflow.  I'm gonna be swapping the case out for one that offers better cooling options.