Aspire V3-372T - Bluetooth will pair but NOT connect. (W10)

Options
schmittycity
schmittycity Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've had this problem for over a year and made two posts about it; I've received a few answers and have tried everything to fix it but no luck.

Heres my description of the problem:
1) I can pair to a BT device fine.
2) I cannot connect to the device after pairing.
3) I am met with the error "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again."
4) This happens with every BT device: mice, speakers, keyboards, android phones, other laptops, etc.

Heres how the problem started:
1) I got my laptop from a family member that did not use it.
2) Used it for a few months (BT and everything working fine)
3) Installed Acer Care and updated all the drivers, OS, etc.
4) BT did not work.
5) Attempted to revert back to the old drivers but the Device Manager did not show any previous drivers (even though BT was definitely updated).

Here's what I've done to try and fix it:
1) Uninstalled my bluetooth driver and rebooted.
2) Uninstalled my BT driver and installed one (of the FOUR) listed in the drivers sections of my laptop from the Acer website then rebooted.
3) Did the previous step but with each of the other drivers listed on the Acer website.
4) Updated BIOS. Went to older versions of the BIOS. Went to newer versions of the BIOS.
5) Uninstalled my WLAN drivers and Rebooted.
6) Tried each of WLAN drivers located on the Acer website (just like the BT drivers).
7) Uninstalled all wireless drivers and disconnected the battery, wait for 30 mins, then reboot.
8) Verbally abusing the laptop hoping intimidation would work.
9) Restarted the bluetooth service and changed it from "Manual" to "Automatic" (tried connecting to BT speaker both ways multiple times).
10) Refreshed my PC through windows refresh tool.
11) Reinstalled windows 10 through.
12) Wiped the HD and reinstalled W10 through recovery USB.

I recorded my screen when trying to connect to a BT speaker; keep in mind this speaker was usable by my laptop before the BT went AWOL.
Here is the link to the screen capture of me trying to connect to the speaker: https://youtu.be/xE7pbSlWdWI
I'm sorry but the popup for selecting the BT device does not record. When I am moving the mouse around, in the beginning, I am highlighting the device "My Speaker", when I click it, then it says "Device Paired" and I click "ok". Then at 20 seconds in I refresh my BT list and try clicking my speaker to connect to it.

Every time I try and connect after pairing I get the Error "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again."

Anything that you can do to help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>2) Used it for a few months (BT and everything working fine) 3) Installed Acer Care and updated all the drivers, OS, etc. 4) BT did not work.>>>

(1) Why did you install CareCtr and update all the drivers if everything was working fine?

(2) What was the original factory installed Windows version?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• schmittycity

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>2) Used it for a few months (BT and everything working fine) 3) Installed Acer Care and updated all the drivers, OS, etc. 4) BT did not work.>>>

(1) Why did you install CareCtr and update all the drivers if everything was working fine?

(2) What was the original factory installed Windows version?

Jack E/NJ

1) I wanted to see if there were any graphics drivers that could be updated to slightly improve performance when using CAD in fusion 360.

2) It was just the Home Windows 10 version that was receiving regular updates. A windows 10 update did not coincide with my problem.

Thanks.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Wiped the HD and reinstalled W10 through recovery USB.>>>

What recovery stick? Acer's Win10 or Microsoft's Win10? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried adding bluetooth devices here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great @Marilynruth
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • schmittycity

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried adding bluetooth devices here?

Yes.
  • schmittycity

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Wiped the HD and reinstalled W10 through recovery USB.>>>

What recovery stick? Acer's Win10 or Microsoft's Win10? Jack E/NJ

Win10 Recovery Stick.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what model of device are you trying to add?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    >>>Win10 Recovery Stick>>>

Yes, but is it Microsoft's generic WIN10 recovery stick or ACER specific Win10 recovery stick? There is a difference between the two Win10 recovery sticks Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• schmittycity

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Win10 Recovery Stick>>>

Yes, but is it Microsoft's generic WIN10 recovery stick or ACER specific Win10 recovery stick? There is a difference between the two Win10 recovery sticks Jack E/NJ
    It was one from Microsoft.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>It was one from Microsoft.>>>

Aye! Did you also wipe the hidden ACER recovery partition at the same time? If not, and the generic Win10 hasn't already deleted it, you may be able to reset  the system to a factory fresh state using the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method as shown in the video. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• schmittycity

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>It was one from Microsoft.>>>

Aye! Did you also wipe the hidden ACER recovery partition at the same time? If not, and the generic Win10 hasn't already deleted it, you may be able to reset  the system to a factory fresh state using the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method as shown in the video. Jack E/NJ 

Yes,I have followed the method in the video. Bluetooth issue persists.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK then it's mosl likely a BT receiver failure integrated in the m.2 wifi board. Replacements boards are less than $20 with free shipping. Google any of the following part numbers. They fit many ACER models. https://www.amazon.com/FMS-Compatible-NC-23611-02Z-Replacement-VN7-572G-53E7/dp/B07D2XKY59 Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ