Deleting photos from camera via my laptop Chromebook14 CB3-431

Options
Labo47
Labo47 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I have an Acer Chromebook14 CB3-431. I have connected my Canon PowerShot SX170 IS camera to it via the USB cable and uploaded photos to the Cloud (my photos.google.com account). Now that I've uploaded the photos to the Cloud, how do I delete the photos from the camera via my Chromebook? Canon support says this is an issue with the Chromebook OS. Thanks.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi @Labo47,

1. In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher Up arrow Up arrow.
    2. Open Files .
    3. Select the file or folder you want to delete. Note: You can delete files in the Downloads folder, but deleting a file from your Downloads folder is permanent.
    4. Select Delete Delete and then Delete.

Note: Files in the Recent, Images, Videos, and Audio folders are view able only and can’t be deleted directly in those folders.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Labo47
    Options
    Thank you, Christy1, but your suggestion will delete files from the Cloud, not the camera DCIM.
  • christy1
    Options
    Labo47 said:
    Thank you, Christy1, but your suggestion will delete files from the Cloud, not the camera DCIM.

Yap your correct. In chromebook you cant install a camera software you wont be able to delete the files directly by connecting it the unit. how ever you can remove the SD card from camera and insert it to the chromebook to delete the pics. 
  • Labo47
    Options
    There is no slot to put the SD card from the camera into the laptop. Arrrrrrgh! Frustrating.
  • christy1
    Options

@Labo47,

Be cool.there is always a solution. if there is no such slot. you can use these below... 

Related imageImage result for acer chromebook sd slot