Acer E5-576G-50EN automatically shutsdown when battery reach 60-70%

animelelou
animelelou Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

My laptop started to shutdown randomly last week. I think the reason is I left my laptop to download alot of stuff overnight for the past 3 days while charging. My windows setting is set to "Never" sleep while downloading.
Solution I tried:
I tried to reset the battery while using a pin at the back. 
I added extra paper on the harddrive/ram access door so that it prevents on shutting down when not properly installed correctly.
I tried to uninstalling and reinstalling battery driver even disabled it for 10minutes then enabling after. 
I tried to calibrate the battery, but the laptop just shutdown and cannot get past the 45% battery.
I tried to update the BIOS into latest and reset the settings.
I cleaned the ram, fan and reinstall the battery. 

Now the battery cannot fully charged and stuck at 90%.
I had this laptop for a year now.

Should I buy a new battery and replace the old one?

Answers

• animelelou

Tinkerer

Also if the laptop shutdown the only way for it to start is connect the charger then press the power button otherwise the laptop just won't open.
  • animelelou

Tinkerer

Help please! I can't decide whether to buy a new battery or not.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @animelelou,

Try to do a reset on the unit before you get a new battery. Is it working fine when charger is connected to the unit. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • animelelou

Tinkerer

@christy1
    Yes my laptop is running fine with the charger on it doesn't shutdown no problem at all, but on battery it just shuts down at 70%. Right now I can charge the laptop to 100%
  • christy1
    @christy1
    Yes my laptop is running fine with the charger on it doesn't shutdown no problem at all, but on battery it just shuts down at 70%. Right now I can charge the laptop to 100%

It looks like the battery is gone bad. Try to do a reset of the unit before you get a new battery. 
  • animelelou

Tinkerer

Hi @christy1
    After resetting my laptop nothing happen still shuts down I guess I'll buy a new battery at this point. Thanks for the reply!
  • christy1
    Hi @christy1
    After resetting my laptop nothing happen still shuts down I guess I'll buy a new battery at this point. Thanks for the reply!

Looks like an hardware issue. 
  • Lankesh
    Lankesh Member Posts: 3 New User
    This problem started after the Windows 10 May 2019 update for me
  • christy1
    Lankesh said:
    This problem started after the Windows 10 May 2019 update for me
    You can roll back the updates. type device manager in search. 

Image result for how to roll back the battery driver
  • vonito
    vonito Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi, I have the very same problem with my Aspire E5-576G. It automatically shuts down without any warning, then doesn't turn on unless you plug in the charger but when you check the battery percentage upon restart it is not drained at all. Most of of the case the battery charged are still more than 50%. 
    Have you found any solution for this? I hope so.
  • animelelou

Tinkerer

vonito said:
    Hi, I have the very same problem with my Aspire E5-576G. It automatically shuts down without any warning, then doesn't turn on unless you plug in the charger but when you check the battery percentage upon restart it is not drained at all. Most of of the case the battery charged are still more than 50%. 
    Never found a solution and now my battery is officially dead. My laptop now runes on charger and time flies by forgot that I have to buy a newone and now that I decided to buy corona virus ***** me over now I'm having a hardtime replacing it.
  • vonito
    vonito said:
    Never found a solution and now my battery is officially dead. My laptop now runes on charger and time flies by forgot that I have to buy a newone and now that I decided to buy corona virus ***** me over now I'm having a hardtime replacing it.
    Oh, I see.. I hope you can buy a new battery soon, and hope that the problem will not exist anymore upon battery replacement. Thanks and keep safe. Hoping for your next update when you already have a new battery.
  • Baffld
    Baffld Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello, i just want to ask if you have bought a new battery to replace, and if yes, did it affect the laptop's performance?
  • animelelou

Tinkerer

Baffld said:
    Hello, i just want to ask if you have bought a new battery to replace, and if yes, did it affect the laptop's performance?

I haven't bought a new one, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect your performance if you but the right battery for you.
  • Baffld
    Baffld Member Posts: 2 New User
    Are you still using the laptop?
  • vonito
    Baffld said:

I haven't bought a new one, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect your performance if you but the right battery for you.
    I already replaced the battery with a new one and it works. Seems like battery replacement is the solution to this problem. Plus I noticed that this laptop Acer E5-576G-50EN consumes much power and drains the battery fast compared to other laptops.