Aspire A315-33 No Display. Not booting

Options
Pieta
Pieta Member Posts: 9 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. Hope someone can assit.

I Have a clients Acer Aspire A315-33, about a year old. Was busy working on it, rebooted the laptop. Went into bios and set setting to default, saved bios and rebooted.

After reboot, there is no display. It looks like the screen is not even initializing.

I have tried a few options: Reset battery with reset button, removed battery and tried booting with only power connected. Removed hdd & battery and tried booting with only power connected. Connected external HMDI device and tried booting. All with the same result, black screen.

Regards
Pieta

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is the image displayed on an external monitor? Have you tried disconnecting rams memories?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pieta
    Options
    No image or display on external screen
    Removed memory. Still the same.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    1) Did you try pressing button 1?
    2) Have you checked for a switch button here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pieta
    Options
    Pressed button 1 for 30 seconds. Still the same.
    Nothing happens when I press button 2
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The correct procedure for battery reset is as follows:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Is there a switch button like this installed on your notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pieta
    Options
    I have done the correct procedure on how to reset the battery. No display

No switch button installed in this motherboard as in the picture.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disconnecting the rtc battery for a few seconds?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pieta
    Options
    I have disconnected the rtc battery for 24 hours
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do the battery and power LEDs flash or light? Also, are you sure if the bios has been corrupted?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pieta
    Options
    Battery & power led light

Bios was fine before last boot. I set bios to default, saved and rebooted. Since then no display
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disconnecting the lithium battery and pressing the power button for 30 seconds?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pieta
    Options
    Will try this and let you know
  • Pieta
    Options
    Have disconnected battery and pressed power button for 30 seconds.

Reconnected battery and external power. Only change is the battery led is amber now. Before it was blue. Screen still black, no initialization.
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    modt probably bios corruption.
    take it to acer service station for a reflash of bios.
    or you can do it using an  external usb programmer. its quite cheap and easy to do it , provided you know what you are doing.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • Pieta
    Options
    Hi Deejay. Will it be possible to direct me on how the procedure works of re flashing the bios. I am fairly technical inclined. Regards
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Pieta said:
    Hi Deejay. Will it be possible to direct me on how the procedure works of re flashing the bios. I am fairly technical inclined. Regards
    Hi,
    Search google for CH341A programmer. it costs around $5.
    see youtube for programming the bios using that.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • Rouge_River
    Rouge_River Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    hi  I purchased a ch341A programer reflash my bios chipset. now my laptop can turn on and run windows 10. I hope this can give you some useful tip.