S242HL connected but does not turn on

Options
TheJR99
TheJR99 Member Posts: 1 New User
So I had a ACER S242HL for quite some years now but switched up to an ASUS as my primary monitor. Two weeks ago, I started using my ACER as my second monitor, everything worked fine. One day I started my PC and noticed that my ACER had no power it seems, due to the light on the bottom not turning orange or blue. But when I move my cursor to the right, it still goes into another Screen and I can even open up the apps on the taskbar on my black screen. It is also registered in the settings as my second monitor. What might be the problem? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi TheJR99

Power issues can sometimes be resolved with troubleshooting. Other power issues are the result of hardware failure and require repair.

Your Acer monitor may fail to turn on for any of the reasons listed below.

• A static electricity build-up.
    • A disconnected AC adapter or power cord.
    • A defective AC adapter or power cord.
    • A hardware problem with the product that requires repair.

Try the troubleshooting suggestions below to see if they resolve your power issues.

1. Check to make sure the AC adapter and power cable are properly connected.
    2. Bypass any surge protector and use a wall outlet that you know is working.
    3. Power reset the monitor by removing power from the monitor and pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect the monitor and power it on.
    4. If your monitor has an internal battery, unplug the monitor and press the battery reset pinhole near the power port on the monitor.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Artronique
    Artronique Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Is a lot of time "The culprit, two Su’Scon SG Series" 470uF 16v capacitors that bulged. you need change it. with two capacitor no low budjet
    you find vidéo on youtube
  • ethans
    ethans Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    After talking to support I followed steps above except I waited for 2 minutes before plugging it back in.  Without doing that it did not work.