Battery draining fast even when plugged in

Options
AlpineShepherdBoy
AlpineShepherdBoy Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So I have an Nitro 5  (with the i5 8300H & 1050GTX) I recently got it repaired (It had a bad overheating issue, they replaced the main board and reapplied the thermal compound) Anyways I game a lot but I noticed while gaming even the unit was plugged in the battery was slowly discharging. In about the space of an hour it will go from 100% to about 40% which didn't at first concern me much as performance didn't seem to be impacted. But last night I was playing BF1 when suddenly the framerate dropped down to practically nothing. The charge light was flashing amber and according to HW monitor the CPU had clocked down to 795Mhz it was like it was in battery saver mode or something. Soon as I exited the game the charge light stopped flashing but the laptop wouldn't charge above 39% so I shut it down and hit the battery reset button. Booted up again and it was at 25% and draining so fast I could actually see the numbers going down. Mind you all of this happening while it's plugged in. Not sure what to do next. 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In this case, I think the best option is to contact Acer technical service again.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AlpineShepherdBoy
    Options
    It's the AN515-53-55H5
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Today's notebooks also use battery power, even when connected to the power adapter, when you need to provide more performance. However, the battery is discharged up to 40% and then recharged.
    Have you checked to see if the battery is charging while the notebook is off?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlpineShepherdBoy
    Options
    I left it for about 2 hours turned off and charging. Booted it up and it hasn't charged at all. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The notebook is not turning on?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlpineShepherdBoy
    Options
    As of now it now longer turns on anymore. It's still plugged in and the charge light is glowing amber but when I hit the power button it just flashes and doesn't turn on
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Make sure this button is being pressed correctly by placing some layers of electrical tape:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlpineShepherdBoy
    Options
    There appears to be no button there...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    How long has the notebook been fixed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlpineShepherdBoy
    Options
    It's been about a week give or take since it was repaired
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In this case, I think the best option is to contact Acer technical service again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlpineShepherdBoy
    Options
    I think your right. Can't seem to figure it out one way or the other. And it never did this before I got it repaired. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Before contacting Acer, have you plugged the notebook into another socket or power outlet? Also, have you tried pressing the power button for 30 seconds?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AlpineShepherdBoy
    Options
    Yep tried all those things. I even reinstalled the device drivers for the battery. I went as far as testing the voltage from the outlet and the AC adapter,  which they were outputting correctly. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If it still doesn't work, it's really important to contact Acer again, unfortunately.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer