BhaveshnitroBhaveshnitro Posts: 10Member New User
edited August 31 in Linux
What should I do?

Best Answer

• BhaveshnitroBhaveshnitro Posts: 10 New User
    Accepted Answer
    MaClane said:
    AN515-42 is the series only.
    The last 4 characters indicate the exact model.

Starting with the basics ...
    Did you download an exclusively x64bits ISO?
    Created the installation media with UEFi support in GPT mode?
    Did you disable SecureBoot on Bios?
    Did you disable dGPU so that X does not load proprietary drivers during installation?
    Are you trying to dual-boot or just Linux?
    What error occurs?

FAQ & Answers

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 11,583ACE Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Bhaveshnitro !

Any laptop has support for some Linux distribution.
    Which EXACT model of your laprop?
    Which distribution are you trying to install?
    Are you aware of Linux systems?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a like, flag as "Fixed" and click "Promote"!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

ACE Trailblazer 2014 - 2019                          

• BhaveshnitroBhaveshnitro Posts: 10Member New User
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Bhaveshnitro !

Any laptop has support for some Linux distribution.
    Which EXACT model of your laprop?
    Which distribution are you trying to install?
    Are you aware of Linux systems?

I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 Ryzen 5 laptop. Of course I am aware of the various distros of Linux. I had already tried various versions of Ubuntu. None of it is working.

Did you disable dGPU so that X does not load proprietary drivers during installation?
    What error occurs?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

I did everything except that dGPU thing. Will tell you soon
    Accepted Answer
    MaClane said:

What error occurs?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

MaClane said:
    How to disable dGPU. I have 560x.
    MaClane said:
    The same error occurs no matter what

Have you tried another distribution with higher hardware compatibility, such as Debian?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

edited September 2
    MaClane said:
    Have you tried another distribution with higher hardware compatibility, such as Debian?

Yes I tried everything including Kali Linux. BTW my exact model is AN515-42-R6GV.
    MaClane said:
    That is for errors occuring after the installation & during the boot. But I haven't even installed it bro
    This error is due to the implementation of kernel variables in compatibility with the AMD series.

From a read here:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2205211
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/875173/nmi-watchdog-bug-soft-lockup-cpu2-stuck-for-23s-plymouthd305

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• PRANAVJHAPRANAVJHA Posts: 4Member New User
    which Linux distro the laptop support better aspire E 15 E5-575G-580 because I install deepin it support but when I install arch it didnot install ..acer need to support any distro of linux
    Good afternoon PRANAVJHA !

Both Acer and any computing device, from whatever developer, supports the installation of any linux distribution.
    The question is not Acer but knowledge to identify which error Linux kernels are preventing proper installation.
    Linux is not like a Windows.
    There are different kernels, different startup managers and features that must be studied for optimal use.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™